Confusion about the catch up system.

#1 - May 22, 2013, 9:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I thought the point of it was the get everyone up to the standard as if they had capped the minimum (1800 arena points) every week of the current season. It's the 10th week thus the conquest earned would be 18,000.

I've earned 10,350 points this season and have clearly missed a portion of the season. Considering the catch-up formula, I have 0 extra points for my cap this week.

I was looking forward to the patch as I'd be able to ''catch up'' on gear, but find I can only buy 1 piece of gear as normal..? Disappointed.
Forum Avatar
Community
#16 - May 22, 2013, 12:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
22/05/2013 13:02Posted by Venar
I've not even done arena on this char in this season, and my cap is only 10k.
This is because the catch up system doesn't function as is explained in the opening post of this thread. The cap you mentioned in your post is actually correct if you have not earned any Conquest points yet this season, because we are in week 10. The formula is as follows:

• (Week of season - 1) * 1000 – Conquest points earned this season + Cap received from your current rating = Weekly cap

22/05/2013 10:56Posted by Easydragon
If you weren't 90 during those weeks you missed don't get any extra points from what I understand. Seems kinda buggy, my SP that has missed loads of weeks didn't get a bigger cap either but granted it has full gear.
This is incorrect. If a character dinged level 90 this week, their cap would be the same as a character that has been level 90 since patch 5.2 but has not earned any Conquest points this season. You do not miss out on cap for weeks of the season that you were not level 90 for.

Edit: Clarified the calculation a bit more
Another edit: Making post clearer
Forum Avatar
Community
#19 - May 22, 2013, 1:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
22/05/2013 13:59Posted by Mírion
My SP dinged 90 in late season and I don't even have full conquest gear even though I've had a 2.5+ cap every week - I did not get any bonus points for that.
What's the total amount of Conquest points that you have earned this season on your Priest?
Forum Avatar
Community
#22 - May 22, 2013, 1:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
22/05/2013 14:15Posted by Mírion
What's the total amount of Conquest points that you have earned this season on your Priest?

Oh didn't realise that it worked of season total earned, misunderstood it all.
I made some changes to how I wrote the formula in my first post to make sure it a bit more clear on how the cap is calculated.
Forum Avatar
Community
#40 - June 3, 2013, 8:02 a.m.
Blizzard Post
After looking into the reported issues with catch-up caps not being appropriate I wanted to clarify on a few points.
22/05/2013 13:56Posted by Nakatoir
  • (Week of season x 1000) - Total Conquest Points earned this season = Conquest cap
  • This calculation is not actually 100% correct and does leave some room for interpretation. To clarify on the formula and to ensure that you are all aware of how your Conquest cap should be calculated:

• (Week of season - 1) * 1000 – Conquest points earned this season + Cap received from your current rating = Weekly cap

As you can see, your cap from rating should be added on top of the catch-up cap and the first week of the season is not included in the calculation, I have corrected my previous posts to reflect this. The reason that the calculation is actually uses "Week of season - 1" is because if we included the first week then we’d basically be giving players an extra 1000 points in the first week. The goal of this system is to give players who haven’t been maxing their conquest a way to catch up, not to give everyone an additional boost in the first week.

In addition to this, some of you have stated that you noticed some of your catch up cap disappearing mysteriously, try doing the calculation again with the new formula provided above. If you are still missing some of your catch up cap, can you provide some additional information to help us with looking into this matter such as; your current Conquest point cap and the amount of points that you have earned so far this season.
    Forum Avatar
    Community
    #64 - June 6, 2013, 7:16 a.m.
    Blizzard Post
    06/06/2013 07:23Posted by Redskullz
    its yet another failed system implemented by Blizz :)
    How did the system fail exactly?
    I see it as doing exactly what it's intended to do; help those who were late to start in PvP this season by giving them a small boost to their Conquest cap so they can earn a bit more gear. If you feel that the catch-up system is not accomplishing this, please elaborate on why.