LFR queue bugged?

#1 - March 15, 2013, 2:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi,

I thought the Raidfinder whould put you in a fresh run after you completed half a run?
I queued up for LFr ToT today got put at last boss we kill it i reque get put at second we kill that leave and reque and get put at second again :S
Anyone els having this?
Forum Avatar
Community
#2 - March 15, 2013, 3:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi Badhabits,

The system tries its best to put you in a fresh raid if you've already completed half a run, but this wasn’t coded as an absolutely fixed decision, there is still a chance (very rarely) that it will pick you for another in-progress raid under very specific circumstances in which the system can end up deciding that at that precise moment the most efficient way to get that raid flowing is still to pick you; take it as a compliment! ;)

Seriously now, I know this is not ideal but this shouldn’t be happening very frequently, it’s one of those solutions where we have accepted certain consequences in order for it to be more efficient and effective on a broader scale.
This creates the possibility for LFR runs to have a better overall chance to succeed, and in the end this is a positive thing for anyone that runs them frequently, even if occasionally you get to be the guy that helps out an in-progress raid twice, other times, it will be someone else and the average time that you “lose” in the long run is actually shorter than if we didn’t had this system in place, because runs would be slower, have a worse success rate and higher waiting times.