You can solo Gunship / C'Thun

#1 - Nov. 30, 2012, 7:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
There were some hidden changes.

The Gunship fight will no longer reset if no one is outside.
And C'Thun had his one-shot-ability removed.

Did both fights a couple of minutes ago. (On my way to Kalecgos, perhaps he changed too).

Sorry for my bad english, I'm german. And if some of you speak german too, you can check
out my big guide to all raid changes in 5.1.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/forum/topic/5945594520?page=1

~my~

*edit

No changes to Kalecgos, still impossible.

*edit²

So, after i've killed all the changed Bosses on the PTR.
Here are the changes in more detail:

Viscidus:
You only need 20 frost attacks to freeze him.
After that you need 30 physical attacks in 30sec to kill him.

Twin Emperors:
The healing got reduced. You only need 16k dps to kill the bosses before the enrage timer kicks in.

C'Thun:
The one-shot ability got removed. You can kill the tentacles inside the brain and then go for
the boss again.

Al'ar:
He is not immune to fire damage anymore.

Reliquary of Souls:
Essence of Desire casts Spirit Shock every 10sec, the debuff only lasts 4sec.

Gunship Battle:
If all members are using the cannons and no one is outside, the battle doesn't reset anymore.

That's it for now.
Forum Avatar
Community
#6 - Nov. 30, 2012, 11:51 a.m.
Blizzard Post
30/11/2012 09:56Posted by Djars
Are you sure? I was killed immediately when I was inside C'thun!

Viscidus, Twin Emperors, C'Thun, Al'ar and Reliquary of Souls should be easier to kill now. The developers applied a hotfix during the night. So, if you haven't gone to C'Thun yet today, you should!
Forum Avatar
Community
#11 - Nov. 30, 2012, 12:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post

Why don't you change Kalecgos?

And what are the changes at Al'ar?

Al'ar is no longer immune to fire damage.

Regarding Kalecgos, at this point we don't know if the developers have any plans to change him or any other bosses, but we'll ask them and share with you any news if that's the case :-)
Forum Avatar
Community
#21 - Nov. 30, 2012, 12:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
30/11/2012 12:37Posted by Фейсролочка
Yes, as paladin, I am interested in Viscidus changes as well.

He's now easier to freeze and shatter.

RoS won't cast Spirit Shock as often as before.

What about Razorgore?
Last time i was in there i noticed his destroy egg ability had no cooldown and that you didn't lose channeltime if hit.
But it was still impossible due to the amount of adds that spawn, before you even get to clear half the room Razorgore is dead.

I'd say you need to practice the most effective path and use his ability to sleep dragonkins. Razorgore can also take quite a beating, but at some point you'll need to clear adds off yourself and himself (careful of not blowing him up).
Forum Avatar
Community
#92 - Feb. 22, 2013, 10:41 a.m.
Blizzard Post
22/02/2013 07:41Posted by Farrion
Then could they please "Hotfix" the whole of ICC25hc and Ulduar 25hc so it can be soloed to?^_^

The changes the developers made were mostly on some TBC and Vanilla bosses. They didn't modify anything from Naxxramas (although you have 3 pets there). But just to make it clear, the intent they had at the time when making these changes wasn't to make all the raid content from WoW/TBC/Wrath soloable.

Just as an example, although it's TBC content, Rage Winterchill will still give you a run for your money if you are not careful avoiding Death & Decay (since it's % HP based) :-)
Forum Avatar
Community
#108 - Feb. 25, 2013, 9 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Regarding Kalecgos, at this point we don't know if the developers have any plans to change him or any other bosses, but we'll ask them and share with you any news if that's the case :-)

Just a small update this, which should hopefully come as good news... A last minute fix was made to patch 5.2.0 that should allow players to solo the Kalecgos encounter in The Sunwell :-)
Forum Avatar
Community
#112 - Feb. 25, 2013, 10:17 a.m.
Blizzard Post
25/02/2013 09:58Posted by Feralica
Did i want to get that wrong or does that mean we get 5.2 maybe this week?

I cannot yet say if it will be this week or not, because there is still some preparation that needs to be done before the patch is ready for launch, but it should be quite soon now :-)