Bring back the old LFR loot system

#1 - April 11, 2013, 12:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The new system sucks big time, RNG is just stupidly unfair to many players while a few "lucky" players score 3-4 drops a week on a regular basis.

Over the last 4 weeks of doing LFR and world bosses on 2 toons I have received 2 items, I don't know exactly the percentage but it cannot be over 3% chance I have received loot. From the forums it appears many are ending up with the same frustration and it's getting a bit pathetic.

Contrast that to two guildies I know who have obtained 6-7 items each over the last 4 weeks just on their mains.

RNG might be random and might be based on luck but it's broken, there are too many players week in week out having to see friends and guildies getting drops while others recieve squat for 3-4 hours grind a week.

The old system was best, even taking offspecs needing on items, ninjas and guildies passing loot into consideration I had more loot in Dragonsoul and was able to gear an alt there. At least if you were there with a friend and they won an item they could pass to you if they didn't need or a nice stranger would pass the loot. Heck I even passed items from time to time to the next highest roller if I decided it wasn't much of an upgrade for me.

I just feel the RNG element of this game is too random and LFR is no longer fun when you expect gold, gold or more gold.

Personally I wouldn't do LFR again if I had the choice, but to remain competitive in my raid team I need 502 drops to replace older gear.

I like playing alts and gearing a non-raiding alt is a waste of time now even with the "increased" loot chance in the old 5.0 raids.

So bring back the old loot system.
Forum Avatar
Community
#9 - April 11, 2013, 6:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
11/04/2013 18:45Posted by Elathin
Yes those items were from raiding normal Sherlock and nothing to do with RNG luck

Thunderforged items are RNG. There's no guarantee you'll see one drop from any given boss.

Having said that, there're upcoming changes to the bonus loot roll that will protect you from bad streaks:

Protection for bad luck streaks have been added to bonus rolls. Each bonus roll that does not provide loot has a progressively better chance to award loot to the player.
Forum Avatar
Community
#36 - April 12, 2013, noon
Blizzard Post
Please remove loot from LFR. The content was designed for people who didn't have time to experience it, right? Why would you need loot for nothing anyways?

You'll need it to progress into the next raid. Also, the fact it's for people who doesn't have the time or the will to take part in organized raiding is by no means justification to exclude them from getting loot.