hacked and were "sorry"

#1 - Oct. 4, 2015, 8:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
so i got hacked in febuary so i was told when i opened my account after an 8 month stint away, i had me an ilvl of 677 thereabouts enough to lfr and properly tank successfully 86% of the time depending on group now my ilvl is beyond laughable. i got a stipend per character of 500g.

all my proffs were changed to engineering on every character and what aid does blizz offer me in getting my characters back on track jack and sh*t to be perfectly honest 10 green items i wouldn't wash yours with and 500g.

their excuse was we only keep records for two months or we could have restored your 49k-5k per character and your missing pvp set and pve items but no they sent my characters up the river.

1) we knew your account was hacked we could have kept your characters file on record as a special case or
2) sent me an email "were sorry to see your accounts been hacked, log back in and we will give you your stuff back"

i don't buy gold, i don't give my account details to even my daughter and i check this comp every two weeks for viruses how was i hacked i dunno tbh
Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#31 - Oct. 5, 2015, 3:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey there Soulmirror.

I am genuinely sorry to hear that this happened to you, it's a really frustrating situation to be in as a gamer. However, I really think that you need to adjust your expectations a little bit here and direct your dissatisfaction more appropriately.

If you have had a poor experience with our support teams then I apologise and encourage you to make your thoughts known in the surveys offered to you through the ticket system. But for some strange reason, you've completely failed to mention all of the help we did give you; we put all the characters back to their original realms, removed all account actions incurred during the incident, unlinked added game accounts, AND gave you 7 days of free game time.

You may not be personally satisfied with this effort but when you consider that the compromise was not caused by us and we are under no obligation to do any of this, and yet 5 different people spent hours helping you simply because they know how much it sucks when this happens to a fellow gamer - well, then I think it may be a little unfair to ask for one of those people to lose their jobs and livelihood.

I'm not trying to blow our trumpet here, as I say; I'm sorry if you did genuinely have a poor support experience, but when you only post one side of the story so toxically in such a public forum I think it's important that both sides are heard.

Again, we're very sorry that we could not help you more Soulmirror, but we wish you all the best in the future.

Thanks.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Please click here to give me your feedback on this post!
Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#33 - Oct. 5, 2015, 3:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
No, no, we don't put any blame on Soulmirror here Jotnar. It seems they are a genuine victim of a malicious 3rd party. I just wanted to emphasise that we do care and we genuinely did everything we could to help. I want the OP to understand the truth better before passing sweeping judgement on our support teams.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Please click here to give me your feedback on this post!