Legendary Rogue Dagger proc not working

#1 - Nov. 4, 2015, 10:38 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The Legendary rogue daggers proc are not working like they should

Tiriosh, Nightmare of Ages
Golad, Twilight of Aspects

" Fury of the Destroyer: cause your finishing moves to generate 5 combo points. Lasts 6 sec."

Just got my Daggers, but when they proc they should give me 5 combo points after landing a finishing move but they are not, they give me the 5 combo point instant but they give me nothing after a finishing move. Would like a fix because i can't enjoy the daggers like they should be.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#9 - Nov. 4, 2015, 11:51 a.m.
Blizzard Post
It is intentional that the proc from these daggers stops functioning beyond the level the daggers were designed for.

In general, if these Legendary procs were left in place, some Legendary items would still be very powerful, even at higher level caps. Subsequently this would result in a situation where players will feel that they have to do content from previous expansions in order to remain competitive in current content. This would run contrary to the general path of progression in World of Warcraft, that items will be replaced as your level increases.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#30 - Nov. 4, 2015, 2:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Thanks for the reports, I'll forward this on.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#39 - Nov. 23, 2015, 9:13 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Indeed! This was recently hotfixed so the proc should be working again. From the hotfix blog:

Fangs of the Father's 2-piece set bonus should now correctly grant the 5 combo point bonus.

:)