Fairness with the drakes

#0 - July 20, 2009, 4:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
The rusted and ironbound proto-drake rewards for the normal and heroic Glory of the Ulduar Raider meta achievements will be removed at a future date. We currently do not have an exact date they will be taken out, but it is possible they will be removed when patch 3.2 comes out or at some point after that.

This is a request for one of two things to happen.

1) The albino drake to be removed from the 50 mount achievement following the release of patch 3.2 (or at some point shortly after that).
2) The proto drakes to be placed into the raider achievements for both naxx and ulduar level raids.

My understanding is the proto drakes are being removed due to patch changes making the raids easier. Likewise the patch change will be making 50 mounts much easier to get. So all I'm asking for is a bit of fairness across the achievements rewards.
#5 - July 20, 2009, 7:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

This is a request for one of two things to happen.

1) The albino drake to be removed from the 50 mount achievement following the release of patch 3.2 (or at some point shortly after that).
2) The proto drakes to be placed into the raider achievements for both naxx and ulduar level raids.

My understanding is the proto drakes are being removed due to patch changes making the raids easier. Likewise the patch change will be making 50 mounts much easier to get. So all I'm asking for is a bit of fairness across the achievements rewards.

The problem with this is that the albino drake and the raiding meta achievement drakes serve difference purposes. One is to reward people raiding at the top tier of the game and the other is for those who like to collect mounts and we totally understand this getting easier as time goes on which is why we added multiple levels to it. Anything can change but this is the current setup.