Talent changing system - Please reconsider

#1 - May 26, 2016, 4:50 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Please... This is getting annoying..

I will speak for my class/spec but I'm pretty sure many classes have the same problem, sorry for my english since this is my 2nd language..

I play an Elemental Shaman and I have to solo content most of the time either when i'm lvling, questing, or farming world quests or rep.
As an ele shaman soloing PvE content I have to use some specific talents since I move around alot, pull many mobs, focus on specific spells, etc.

But...I also like to queue for a dungeon when i'm lvling/farming but when the dungeon queue pop, after 37 mins, I don't have time to get to a ''resting area'' to change my talents... In a Dungeon, I need Totem Mastery, Ancestral Guidance, AfterShock or even Ascendance perhaps... All these talents which I don't use while soloing/questing because 1) Long CD and 2) I move too much to make a good use of them.... But if I don't have these talents I won't perform as good so they're kinda mandatory...

Also, some bosses or trash I like to spec AoE and spec Single Target for the next boss.. Varying the gameplay is fun you know....

Please consider reverting the change to Talent re-spec, this is far beyond annoying. I understand there will be an item or something to respec anywhere but it won't cut it.... What's the problem with the previous system ? People abusing it in mythic dungeons ? Just disable the re-speccing option once the mythic dungeon has started..
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#18 - May 27, 2016, 2:28 a.m.
Blizzard Post
05/26/2016 06:22 PMPosted by Tigrastraza
I would also like to point out that a Demon Hunter can't select a new talent while leveling without going back to town. Its like old school class trainers!!!

This is a bug. You should always be able to select a talent if you have none currently chosen for a given row.

In today's build, players may notice a new Inscription recipe for a single-player consumable, Tome of the Tranquil Mind, that can be consumed to allow an individual player to freely swap talents for a period of time. The materials needed to craft a Tome are vastly lower than those needed to craft the group-oriented Codex (formerly Wartome) of the Tranquil Mind, which remains as a solution for larger raid groups or guild banks that want to centralize the process, similar to the relationship between Feasts and individual food.