Role Forums

#1 - May 6, 2016, 5:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So, during my lunch break I did my usual forum reads. When I went to the Tanking forums and realized they were gone, ki d of felt a little sad.

With no explanation as to why, Blizzard has removed something I enjoyed.

Bad decisions like this make me want to not log in, and stop supporting the company.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#9 - May 6, 2016, 6:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We gave forewarning that we'd be retiring these forums just a little over a week ago (about 10 days). They don't serve the same purpose they once did and there is more activity on the specific class forums. Given that we're in a transition between expansions, this allows us the opportunity to reorganize a bit and refocus discussions.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#15 - May 6, 2016, 6:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
05/06/2016 11:22 AMPosted by Nixx

Back when the role forums were introduced, we were told it's because Blizzard basically ignores the class forums entirely and considers them echo chambers. The role forums were meant to be the area to provide more balanced feedback for consideration, since it brought together a wide variety of perspectives and not just people clamoring for buffs for their own class. Has this policy shifted then?

I'm not sure anyone said "ignore" specifically (though I could be wrong) more like "it's easier to get x feedback" since there was a different type of synergy between classes at the time. It was a different time and things change. Feedback continues to come via many routes and we'll still be keeping an eye on it all.