I'm from China, I wish Blizzard can hear me.

#1 - April 20, 2016, 3:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello, I’m from China and I start play WOW since vanilla, I also played WLK on US serves. It took me a long time to deicide make a post on this forum cause I don’t know if Blizzard ever listen to Chinese players on Chinese forums.

I stopped play WOW on US serves after WLK, but to make a post I need an active account. So basically I paid to active this account just for this post, I want to talk about my thoughts about WOW on this post. I really wish Blizzard listen because it’s been really difficult for me to make this post.

First thing is about the Legion when player become the class leader. I don’t have a legion alpha account but I do watch a lot of videos about it. I think the artifact is great, as a pally I would love to get ashbringer.

However, it appears after the artifact quests, player still acting like a normal adventurer. Every class is doing the same quest for every zone. When I watched the quest in Stormheim, I saw a Paladin help horde killing Alliance troops. This Paladin, which is the player, is has a title of “High lord of sliver hand”. Keep in mind, in legion, Sliver hand is not only for Alliance any more, there are horde member in there as well. When it comes to make decisions, wouldn’t the leader, or the high lord, also known as player, should consider both sides? If there is a conflict between Alliance and Horde, shouldn’t the high lord be very careful when taking sides? I don’t think Alliance Paladins will still follow a blood elf high lord after they heard he/she killed a lot of Alliance in Stormheim. Same with Horde Paladin feels about Alliance players. When we become a leader of a mixed factions group, we can’t just simply take a side without thinking.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#28 - April 21, 2016, 12:56 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey Oxrun!

Thanks for your post and your feedback on these topics. You obviously have passion here; enough to go to such a length as resubscribing in this region just to share your thoughts!

On the topic of the Artifact and the role you play on the Broken Isles as a leader of your class, there's a couple of things I can share with you:

First, after getting your Artifact, you do get to play out the role as a leader and important figure within your specific Class Order as a part of your individual class campaign in Legion. Within the space of your individual Class Order, the squabbles and fighting of the Alliance and Horde are put aside for the sake of uniting to battle against the Burning Legion.

Now, as you venture out into the Broken Isles, and into PvP, the external conflict outside of your Class Order will push you, as a player, into some corners where conflict between the factions becomes real and apparent. When working with your Class Order on missions such as these, you are expected to act as, say, a leader of Paladins. This campaign lasts a while over the course of Legion, so the experience of being a leader of your class is not set aside to collect dust so soon.

Second, when you are out in the world, as a leader of your Class Order, other factions in the Broken Isles and beyond may not be willing to respect your order in such a direct way. It's difficult to maintain the expectation of being a leader of this mighty "Order" when the groups you're interacting with care little about your ideals and expectations. All of these factions and groups have their own goals and obligations within themselves. In that sense, you can see how not all factions on the Broken Isles will be addressing you as their leader, or a leader even, as they may not see you as such, or they may be concerning themselves otherwise than paying respects to this "chosen" Paladin of some far off Order that they care little about.

On your notes regarding World Quests - thanks for your feedback! Since the launch of Legion is the first iteration of this system, World Quests will exist only on the Broken Isles. This will help us make sure we can give players plenty to do and see on the Broken Isles! We're really excited about the opportunities the system brings, though, and we love hearing the ideas and feedback on it.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#33 - April 21, 2016, 1:20 a.m.
Blizzard Post
04/20/2016 06:19 PMPosted by Saltedpork
Within the space of your individual Class Order, the squabbles and fighting of the Alliance and Horse are put aside for the sake of uniting to battle against the Burning Legion.

For the Horse! ;)

Must be these hooves... They were made for somethin', but typing it was not.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#60 - April 21, 2016, 2:37 a.m.
Blizzard Post
04/20/2016 07:09 PMPosted by Petersen
So all I have to do to get a blue response is type in broken English and claim to be a player from another country who quit three expansions ago.

Couple of things -

His post contains valid feedback on a couple of topics that we actually know enough about or are at final enough stages that we can provide answers to, so, that helps a lot in providing a response. Since Legion is still in development, there's not always a lot that we have definite answers on at a given point in time, but the Class Order arc is in a state where we can share more information on it. We are still reading every thread that comes onto these forums and taking feedback into account.

It's also a lot harder than it may seem to type out a decently coherent message in a language that uses a writing system that is completely different from the one you were raised to know, and, even more so is the fact that he resubbed just to give this feedback. I actually take issue with that, to be frank, as I don't believe he should have to go through such trouble just to get his thoughts to us.

One last thing: we know if you are from where you might claim to be, not that it matters in regards to getting a reply, but I don't recommend trying it.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#69 - April 21, 2016, 3:02 a.m.
Blizzard Post
04/20/2016 07:48 PMPosted by Exorrt
04/20/2016 07:37 PMPosted by Ornyx
I actually take issue with that, to be frank, as I don't believe he should have to go through such trouble just to get his thoughts to us.

Hey, honest question: if one isn't subbed and can't post on the forums, where would one go to get his thoughts to Blizzard?

@WarcraftDevs on Twitter would be the best secondary source, as it is being read daily just as the forums are. Other than that, we are always reading our fansites and scouring through /r/wow, so those are both valid places to provide feedback.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#72 - April 21, 2016, 3:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
04/20/2016 07:37 PMPosted by Ornyx

His post contains valid feedback on a couple of topics that we actually know enough about or are at final enough stages that we can provide answers to, so, that helps a lot in providing a response. Since Legion is still in development, there's not always a lot that we have definite answers on at a given point in time, but the Class Order arc is in a state where we can share more information on it. We are still reading every thread that comes onto these forums and taking feedback into account.

We had 25 pages of mostly-valid feedback on the new Wardrobe system which one would assume (especially all the nay-sayers in the thread) is at a 'final enough stage' to provide answer/reasoning. I understand you can't be everywhere at once, but it does seem kind of odd you (collective) pass over such a Hot Topic while commenting on things like Dwarf Transmogs.

I'm not sure if you're in the Alpha or not, but the Wardrobe system is not currently functioning within the Alpha, which leaves us at a place where responding to feedback on an un-finished system is a little weird. Our developers will definitely be interested to hear all the feedback on the system, though.

There are various reasons why we may not reply to certain topics of feedback, including like I said above in regards to them just not being ready or at a stage where we can say much. There's also a lot of others things we are all doing being the scenes that doesn't see the truest light of day, so we do have to respond as we have time, which means you may not get a reply when you expected.

For this thread, it happened to be at the top of the forums when I came to do some reading today.

A lot of us are working on pretty big projects right now, but I'm sure you'll start seeing a lot more of me in the coming days. ;)