Cheating in rated PvP

#1 - April 6, 2016, 9:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I feel like anytime I mention anything about cheating my posts are either deleted, moved, or ignored. It's a huge problem and I see posts responding to players asking about transmogs for elite pvp gear or other account wide items;

such as this example:
03/23/2016 11:12 AMPosted by Zugsworth
03/23/2016 12:45 AMPosted by Halisha
Will the xmog system be bnet wide or account wide? Also will you need to login to the character for said items to pop like heirlooms when they first came out?

Yes, population of the transmog collection will be very similar to the addition of toy and heirloom collections. Each character will contribute to your account-wide (battle.net) collection as you log them in.

03/23/2016 12:59 AMPosted by Solver
One last question though, you said meet the requirements, In my case that would just mean a priest that is at level x (x being whatever level the gear was at the time) so for cata elite gear the alt priest in question would need to be 85 and so on correct?

Not just priests I had that were also 2200+ in that particular season?

Yes, if you have a set of elite gear in your priest's bank, once that is added to your transmog collection any other Priests on your account only need to meet the level requirement to gain access to that transmog. Your Mages wouldn't be able to use it, because the gear is restricted to the Priest class. Again, this may not be how it works in future seasons, just for legacy seasons.

The blizzard staff seem more than happy to respond about good stuff but when it comes down to the dirty work no one will approach the nitty gritty problems that plague some of these positive ideas such as account wide achievements, titles etc.

Like I've said in this post:
03/31/2016 02:02 PMPosted by Moltké
03/23/2016 11:12 AMPosted by Zugsworth
Yes, if you have a set of elite gear in your priest's bank, once that is added to your transmog collection any other Priests on your account only need to meet the level requirement to gain access to that transmog.

If players link/create a new account under the same bnet linked to a banned account in which they cheated to get those achievements, titles, elite gear and rating, will they still have access to these things on the linked account?

or will you make it so that new accounts can no longer be created under a bnet account with a previous permanent ban? I know many cheaters who have made new accounts under the same Bnet the day after they were perma banned for using a certain scripting 3rd party program. To only buy a level boost and start scripting again the next couple days in high rated pvp under the same bnet

These things are a huge topic in the rated pvp section and need to be adressed I'm afraid that if the cheating continues like it has without any formal response that blizzard; you will lose your entire rated arena and RBG population. This is an extremely extremely important topic and it would be in your best interest to seriously take a look at this.

My friends and i have been using the advanced combat log to track how fast people's reactions are.

Say a player dispels curse of agony and the warlock reapplies it in less than 1/4 of a second 3+ times in a row? You can prove that this person is cheating by statistics alone.

here's an example;
http://imgur.com/a/yPdRI

Humans make errors and have variations. When someone responds consistently as fast as their internet connection (15-100ms) multiple times you can statistically prove that its a computer responding to in game variables and not a human.

This will force the scripting programs to make their scripts seem more human and not perfect, highest dps rotations, with perfectly timed cc chains.

If they are unable to abolish the scripting programs; I personally would feel much better playing against a computer that I can at least beat and if blizzard is at least deterring scripts from having perfect rotations it will give us humans a fighting chance against the bot programs.

I just want to know why blizzard hasn't implemented something like this to track how fast a player's reaction is to see if he is cheating or not. It would be obvious that someone is cheating if they react faster than any human can when they do it multiple times. Its pure statistics, other games use this to crack down on cheating why doesn't WoW and is there a plan to implement something like this come the legion expansion?

Here is when I revealed all of this rampant cheating publicly to prove to you that I know what I am talking about:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20042934655

an article written on the events that took place:
http://www.gamerevolution.com/features/cheater-pandemic-bot-software-is-killing-pvp-in-world-of-warcraft

Blizzard please listen to us. We're doing this because we want you guys to know this is a huge issue and we don't think its getting as much attention as it deserves because it is causing multitudes of players to stop doing RBGs and arenas.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#34 - April 8, 2016, 7:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
04/06/2016 02:29 PMPosted by Moltké
Blizzard please listen to us. We're doing this because we want you guys to know this is a huge issue and we don't think its getting as much attention as it deserves because it is causing multitudes of players to stop doing RBGs and arenas.

We take the integrity of the game very seriously. We have departments and technology dedicated to detecting cheats and punishing people that use them. We are constantly working to fix the problem but we don't discuss our plans or actions openly. Rest assured, it is as important to us as it is to you.