Blizzard and "sexiness"

#1 - March 28, 2016, 8:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
so the other day some random person stated that they found one of Tracer's victory poses from Overwatch too sexy and that it needed to be removed because she had a daughter that wanted to play the game when it came out. the pose in question was the one called "Over the Shoulder", in which Tracer had her back to us and was looking over the shoulder at us.
http://overwatch.blizzplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/tracer-victory-pose-2-over-the-shoulder.png

edit: http://imgur.com/pCb12Ou this is an image of Tracer with the same pose just a different skin and it looks perfectly normal on her now

but being the Tracer we've seen all the time, she was wearing her tight, bright orange pants and that happened to show off the fact that she, like most athletic females, has a butt. so we got this response from blizzard almost immediately:
We'll replace the pose. We want *everyone* to feel strong and heroic in our community. The last thing we want to do is make someone feel uncomfortable, under-appreciated or misrepresented.

Apologies and we'll continue to try to do better.

so my question is this: Blizzard, do you just hate sexy things? this isn't the first time some random person has stated "i dont like this" and then it gets changed in regards to some of the female characters in your games as well as any of the more minimalist armor that shows more skin. this has happened with Sylvanas in both HotS and Legion, Ysera, Tyrande and probably some of the other non-obvious ones that i can't think of at the moment. though im surprised you havent changed Alextrazsa at all yet.

but at the same time, none of this attention ever gets put on your male characters. we have very important people like Garrosh, Grommash, Nozdormu, Illidan, Malfurion (just cause he has a beard doesn't mean he isn't shirtless) and 99% of every demon hunter npc we have seen run around without shirts/chest armor and just have pants and maybe a belt on.

i'm just very confused at this, why do you pander to the people that go about and complain that your female characters look wrong but then dont even blink an eye at any of the male characters you have that are in a similar situation? is it just because no one ever complains that illidan is walking around with his bulging muscles that can't be contained by chest coverings? do people in general just not care about how much a guy is showing but the first sign of a female being attractive is a taboo for society?

heck, it's not even just the females being slightly sexy, Tyrande was being slightly rude to the PC in Legion (but still totally in character with how you have written her) and some random complains and it gets changed instantly.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#506 - March 29, 2016, 2:13 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I've increased the post cap on this thread.

Thanks to those providing feedback on their concerns here. Keep it civil and the discussion can continue!