Blue posts lately

#1 - March 23, 2016, 11:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Anyone else notice the surge of CM's posting on GD? I kind of like it, and it shows that they're actually making a push to converse with the community. It's been about a week since I've been noticing these posts.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#20 - March 24, 2016, 12:29 a.m.
Blizzard Post
03/23/2016 05:16 PMPosted by Antipath
I wish blizzard would skip the PR and have devs post directly to the forums.

The devs are quite active in the Alpha forums.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#22 - March 24, 2016, 12:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Where the vast majority of us cant talk >.<

Which is why we are here! The devs do have other things to do besides talk on the forums, you know. Like, devy-things. ;P

As we've noted many time before, we are constantly reading posts here and talking with the Development Team on various topics from here and beyond.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#32 - March 24, 2016, 12:49 a.m.
Blizzard Post
03/23/2016 05:39 PMPosted by Antipath
03/23/2016 05:29 PMPosted by Ornyx

Which is fine and dandy, but all other forums are ignored. And when Legion is released they will continue to be ignored. Communicating through CMs is annoying and totally unnecessary.

Currently, blizzard's system seems to work something like this:

Cataclysm hits.

Warlock: These changes suck. My class feels horribly clunky.

Warlock: Hey, can you guys change ____ or something, please?

A CM will either reply to the thread (nice sentiment, but actually useless), or catalogue the thread.

The CM will then forward the feedback to the developers via snail mail.

The dev receives the information and prepares for the next expansion instead of doing anything for the current issue.

I disagree; we've had a lot of changes within the Alpha based on player feedback.

If you want developers to devote their time to the forums, then I think you'd see a lot less developing which doesn't sound like a good idea in my book. But, hey - thanks for the feedback!