Reduce PvP leveling in alpha test

#1 - March 10, 2016, 2:56 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Don't get me wrong. I want it to be 50k honor or whatever on live to get to 50 in pvp tree... but for alpha testing, can't we get them like... I dunno... 20 times faster? (2.5k honor needed instead of 50k)

It feels like I can only play one class if I want to be relevant in bgs. As a matter of fact, that's what most people playing the alpha are doing (you can see this big-time on demon hunters, it's like a night-and-day difference). And forget those 1v1 duels. Person who is pvp leveled wins basically no matter what, or their talents let them last long enough so that you can be outnumbered/they get away. Skill almost irrelevant to who wins. What's more, the team with more people pvp leveled pretty much always win.

The current system on alpha promotes only playing one character. Defeating the purpose of testing as much as possible.

For the purpose of alpha testing as multiple classes, can we please speed up the pvp leveling process?

Feeling irrelevant in battlegrounds is fantastic, but I'd rather not.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#7 - March 23, 2016, 5:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi folks,

We understand your concern here and the enthusiasm people have to test class balance with everything unlocked. The reality here is that there our primary focus is not currently on class balance but on leveling through the honor system. In the not to distant future, we will want to focus solely on class balance and we'll set everyone to honor level 50. Once we've done that, there will be no turning back. But there are still some stages of the Alpha where more people will be invited to test and they'll get their first experience leveling up through the system. We've recently made changes to the amount of honor required to get to level 10 that will be seen in our next build. We'd like to test those changes in a live environment.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#11 - March 23, 2016, 10:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
03/23/2016 11:16 AMPosted by Ningjinq
My question is, idk if there's a way to be specific enough about it but: what is the overall goal here for length of time to level up?

For instance, in relation to time it takes to get a full conquest set of gear? Are you aiming for the time it takes to get to honor level 50 to be relatively the same as getting a full set of conquest gear? A bit more? A bit less? A lot more?

It should take longer than it currently takes to get a full set of honor gear (bearing in mind that the new honor system has a "rest" system similar to XP). In Legion, the rate at which you earn honor is similar to Warlords.

We'll take a look at the rate at which you earn honor in Skirmishes.

Also, if you really want to check out Honor Level 50 matches, you can coordinate War Games with "Tournament Rules" checked in the UI. Players are all Honor Level 50 and set to the same "item level" when Tournament Rules are enabled.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#13 - March 23, 2016, 10:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Prestige is 100% voluntary and offers no power advantage. We are fine if players who care solely about their rating do not Prestige. Rating is serving them fine as a progression mechanic.