Elite PvP Gear

#1 - March 22, 2016, 8:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Are the elite PvP sets from past seasons/xpacs going account wide like the CM sets are? I've heard yes, and no, But I've never seen Blizzard comment on the topic.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#4 - March 22, 2016, 11:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
03/22/2016 01:32 PMPosted by Solver
Are the elite PvP sets from past seasons/xpacs going account wide like the CM sets are? I've heard yes, and no, But I've never seen Blizzard comment on the topic.

Yes. You still need to meet the equip requirements on the item you're transmogging to, so it is functionally unlocked only the class (or classes if you are super pro) you earned the items on.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#7 - March 23, 2016, 12:16 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The old tabards do not have any equip requirements, so they will be available for any character to use.

inb4BUTMYGLADMOUNTS: Like many systems that are added in during the game's lifespan, this is a case where the items and rating system that delivered them are very legacy, and we don't have a good way to know what your rating was in a given season this many years later. Transmog handling isn't indicative of a philosophy shift in how we handle prestigious PVP rewards, and we may change how this works for tabards & cloaks going forward.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#12 - March 23, 2016, 6:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
03/23/2016 12:45 AMPosted by Halisha
Will the xmog system be bnet wide or account wide? Also will you need to login to the character for said items to pop like heirlooms when they first came out?

Yes, population of the transmog collection will be very similar to the addition of toy and heirloom collections. Each character will contribute to your account-wide (battle.net) collection as you log them in.

03/23/2016 12:59 AMPosted by Solver
One last question though, you said meet the requirements, In my case that would just mean a priest that is at level x (x being whatever level the gear was at the time) so for cata elite gear the alt priest in question would need to be 85 and so on correct?

Not just priests I had that were also 2200+ in that particular season?

Yes, if you have a set of elite gear in your priest's bank, once that is added to your transmog collection any other Priests on your account only need to meet the level requirement to gain access to that transmog. Your Mages wouldn't be able to use it, because the gear is restricted to the Priest class. Again, this may not be how it works in future seasons, just for legacy seasons.