Accurate Testing

#1 - March 21, 2016, 2:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I know that its the early stages of Alpha and there's a limited number of testers. However I find it unnerving that most of the current testing is being done with duels and double dps 2v2s. Forgive me if I'm mistaken but I believe that its been stated before that balancing focuses on the 3v3 bracket. So if that's the case I'm not sure how to resolve this only dueling and 2v2 qing issue to make testing 3v3 more readily available and enjoyable.

You can easily argue that dueling and 2v2 is more satisfying as a solo player, its less stressful and doesn't require that much coordination. But a lot of the weaknesses that players are pointing out on classes have always existed in the realm of dueling and 2v2. Therefore I'd like to see active steps to making 3v3 testing happen more often. This was a problem in the WoD alpha/beta as well.

A few solutions could be

-- Inviting players that focus on healing roles

-- Forcing players into healing roles or perhaps prompting them at the character creation screen on the alpha

-- Inviting more players in general

This is something that has me worried and had me worried in past testing. I'd like to see the focus on 3v3 highlighted more since it seems to barely get touched.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#3 - March 22, 2016, 2:11 a.m.
Blizzard Post
This morning, a wave of invites was sent out with a focus on PvP experience. We'll continue to monitor participation. Thanks!