Windwalker Monk feedback

#1 - Dec. 5, 2015, 9:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I didn't see a thread, so I'll just post my feedback here.

After playing around with a Windwalker for a few hours, I feel as if the class is incomplete (Yes, I understand it's Alpha). I am not sure why Jab was removed from the game as an ability, but this was one of the first things I noticed when I would start into a rotation. After smacking Jab for so long, it feels as if I'm missing something, since I've always felt Jab was just that... a quick Jab. Making Tiger Palm replace Jab doesn't work in my opinion, as it was always more of a specialty move causing an armor debuff.

I'm assuming the Level 15 and 30 talents were switched so low levels could feel as if they have a heal. I played around with Eye of the Tiger while I was completing my Artifact quest line, but the amount of healing is severely low. It's about half the healing of Chi Wave currently, so I think I'll stick with that for the moment. On the subject of healing, Vivify isn't even worth casting in it's current state, as the 2k heal it produces is barely noticeable. I would like to see something a Shaman would have, where a stacking buff would increase it's healing potency. Healing elixirs doesn't seem as strong a talent at the moment, since Fortifying, Nimble, and Chi Brew were removed. Perhaps remove healing elixirs and sub for a talent to buff Vivify? Overall, I'm having trouble with survivability while on my own in the the wild... I don't even want to see it in PVP.

I enjoy how I can channel Fist of Fury on the run, but I'm missing the stun. I would suggest adding the stun ability via a talent (as it is quite useful in PVP), maybe renaming Dizzying Kick to Dizzying Strikes where your Kick can snare and your FoF can stun (but you lose the mobility). I am also missing a stun such as Charging Ox Wave which I can do from outside of melee range. Currently, all the stun talents are stuns or silences in melee range (unless you consider Ring of Peace a "ranged" spell, but I don't).

Chi Orbit and Spinning Dragon Strikes are actually two fun talents I'm actually enjoying for different reasons. I love the idea my Chi is coalescing itself into the form of these energy balls to ding my enemy. In regards to the Spinning Dragon Strike, I'm really enjoying the animation for the Pandaren, although, I was surprised there wasn't a cap on the amount of targets it hits. I haven't been able to test these in a different setting that the Artifact quest line, but I'll be back when I've done more.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#96 - Feb. 26, 2016, 7:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Locking this thread.

Please continue to discuss this spec in our new Legion Class Feedback forum.

Thank you!