[Feedback] Protection Paladin

#1 - Feb. 11, 2016, 7:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The tank community is fired up to see the protection spec and artifacts available in this latest build. Echoing what others have said, I'm not even mad about server stability (fixed beautifully with last night's hotfix by the way) because I've been really eager to check out this spec and get a feel for how it stacks up against the other tank classes.

Cosmetically, the consecrate animation is a huge improvement over live and the change to judgment's animation looks good too. I wasn't able to see Avenger's Shield ricochet beyond the first target, so I assume you're still refining that for a future build.

The class hall is a work of art and the artifact shield skin is pretty cool. As for the weapon, this is nothing new to the alpha, but It really bothers me how any weapon sheathed at the hip swings about wildly as you run (at least for Draenei). In live, I literally will only use back-sheathed weapon transmogs because of this detail. Any way to lock that down a bit?

As far as I can tell, the detection mechanism for determining whether Hammer of the Righteous hits a single target or several (whether standing in consecrate or not) is broken and causing the client to crash any time we attempt to cast HotR. So for now we have to remove that from our bars and can't yet get a very good look at the rotation.

However, it does appear that several talents from the build and artifact will augment the rotation or cooldowns in interesting ways, so I look forward to getting some more time to test it out this weekend. Thanks and keep up the good work!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#50 - Feb. 26, 2016, 7:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Locking this thread.

Please continue to discuss this spec in our new Legion Class Feedback forum.

Thank you!