[Feedback] Affliction Warlock

#1 - Jan. 16, 2016, 7:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Affliction warlock right now feels really clunky to me. First let me talk about each of the talent rows.
Row 1:
The first tier feels pretty good right now, I'm still not sure why drain soul is made to heal for less than drain life. It feels really weird taking a talent and having an ability downgraded. I do like that all the choices feel unique on this row and you don't feel like you're missing out on anything for taking one talent versus another.

Row 2:
As for the entire row it doesn't feel awkward however my main complaint about this tier is mana tap. Mana tap is annoying and clunky and with the current base UI is extremely annoying to track. Honestly I don't know anyone that enjoys having to keep up a buff like this. Having to stop your rotation just to mana tap is not fun.

Row 3:
This row is weird, who would ever take mortal coil or howl in pve?

Row 4:
This row is fine, however it would be fun if Sow the Seeds was a base line ability. Currently it's bugged and this ability is given base line. Siphon life makes sense if it were tuned correctly. Soul Harvest is a cool talent. My biggest gripe with this talent row is there will most likely never be a fight where you will take siphon life unless it's tuned to be very powerful, since having an extra 5 shards on the opener is insane.

Row 5:
Why did you take away demonic circle as base line. We've had this ability since Wrath and all of the sudden it's an unnecessary button that should be a talent?

Row 6:
I like this row.

Row 7:
Demonic Servitude is so boring it just takes away from the fun of the spec. If it's numerically good then you lose the moment of feeling powerful when you pop your doomguard cool down, but if it's not tuned well then no one will take it. Soul Effigy needs to go or be reworked. If it worked like crystal and was another cool down we could pop it would be ok but right now having to spend so many globals and replace it when we get out of range feels very awkward. Phantom singularity is by far my favorite talent on this row, it's simple, easy to use, and fun.

My biggest gripe with the class right now is how the soul harvester works. Not only are those ghosts annoying by keeping you in combat after you kill something, they are incredibly awkward in combat. It feels very weird switching off the boss to dot some add that you spawn. Soul inferno (the one that makes the adds explode) only adds to the awkwardness of this mechanic since it makes you want to stand in melee range so your ghosts will spawn near your target.

It would be cool if the ghosts worked as another resource that you could build up around you, then you pop an ability that reaps their souls maybe in a Lich King type fashion. After reaping the souls, you become empowered for a bit, or something to that extent, or perhaps it could allow you to cast empowered versions of certain abilities for each soul you harvested. Just some ideas.

Overall the theme of the class feels very unique and I like what's been done with that, but the clunkiness of the spec is holding it back from being fun.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#110 - Feb. 26, 2016, 7:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Locking this thread.

Please continue to discuss this spec in our new Legion Class Feedback forum.

Thank you!