[Feedback] Vengeance Demon Hunter

#1 - Feb. 11, 2016, 10:02 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We had some changes to Vengeance in the most recent build so I thought i'd go over my thoughts and ideas on where the spec is headed. Mainly saw changes to talents (a lot of shifting around in different tiers as well)

Talents

Level 99:

Abyssal Strike: Still a solid talent, higher mobility in general. Not much to complain about here.

Pain Tolerance: Good to see that this now increases maximum pain upto 120 but I still find this fairly questionable, most of the time we are generating a large amount of pain through shear anyway and its quite easy to spend, I suppose the biggest use is more time before we cap resources for smarter soul cleaving.

Fracture: A high dps talent and another button to press it, probably what I use by default. Another 10% heal fragment is always nice as well.

Level 100:

Agonizing Flames: Now increases movement speed by 30% while up and deals 100% more damage with IA. This makes it less mandatory which I think is a good thing; I felt it was too strong when it also gave higher pain generation, or at the least felt too easy to stick with that at all times and be happy.

Sigil Of Misery: I was disappointed to see this buffed instead of reworked, most people agree this is a worthless talent that would rarely be picked. I guess now with a 30s duration I’m not so harsh. I mainly hope enough adds in dungeons and raids can be affected by it properly. It should probably be baseline though, it’s hard to justify spending a talent point on it.

Fel Eruption: I guess your go to single target talent and also a stun (it’s a 1s stun which is pathetic, I just tested it, it’s more of an interrupt than anything). Every tank spec has a much better stun in some form, all DH gets access to is a single target 1s duration stun? Very weak would like to see this buffed for aoe or longer duration please. The damage of it doesn't matter too much to me.

Level 102:

Felblade: They brought back that shear could reset felblades cooldown, this is fairly nice since it procs quite often and is just a nice overall buff. My only issue is that it’s so good that it seems like a mandatory talent for almost every fight.

Etched In Blood: Eh I don't really dig the sigils system so much, this one reduces the cd's of all your sigils at least. I suppose it has enough niche especially if you lack of a blood dk or something. Felblade is just so strong for a competitor though.

Burning Alive: I find this talent a little awkward but I get it, good for some aoe damage and stuff, but the duration doesn't change the whole time so by the end of it spreading its only gonna last a tick or 2. I'm guessing its intended to be higher dps though I'm not sure on exact numbers right now.

Level 104:

Soul Barrier: Why does this exist? It's so useless. A 5% absorb shield has barely any value in the first place and with such ridiculous restrictions. A soul fragment is 10% healing from a lesser and 25% from a full. You also have to be at full hp to get this absorb shield which is plain stupid. You are better off waiting to take damage and just soul cleaving as normal. I'm struggling to find one practical use for this talent?

Quickened Sigils: I'm glad to see has an increased range effect, it's something I suggested in a previous post in regards to hellgate. This has some nice synergy as well, being able to see an "oh !@#$ " moment and react quickly with a useful utility spell (sigils aren't bad in design I just don't know why simple utility spells are being pushed so much through talents and legendaries.)

Soul Rending: A fairly powerful addition to metamorphosis. 100% leech. I guess my only issue is seeing as DH don't have many cooldowns in the first place (like most tanks in legion, compared to WOD at least.) As well as metamorph actually being a very powerful cd, you should be easily able to survive a lot of tough rough parts of a boss without the leech, just by how many soul cleaves you can spam in metamorph and the increased max hp.

Level 106:

Bathe In Flame: Pretty nice useful talent, bigger radius would be wanted in a lot of situations and higher uptime is always welcome in dungeons where its mostly aoe fests.

Blade Turning: I'm not too sure on this 1 myself, Most globals are generating at least 10 pain so I guess this is more of an aoe tanking situation. Where you could possibly spend 40 pain every global from so many parries. Good enough niche.

Feast of Souls: A hot after soul cleaving that stacks fairly, no complaints, extra hps up for the whole fight or for soloing purposes etc.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#18 - Feb. 26, 2016, 7:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Locking this thread.

Please continue to discuss this spec in our new Legion Class Feedback forum.

Thank you!