Retribution Paladin 2/18 update

#1 - Feb. 19, 2016, 7:13 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Wow. Loving the changes so far. Feels really fun. Only things I would change would be some sort of mobility buff (seriously, 4 sec horse every minute just isn't going to cut it. I'd say 30 sec or even 15 sec CD. Even a 60 sec but with HP spenders reducing it by 10sec or something), and actual damage numbers feel a little low compared to Shadow Priest, Fire/Arcane Mage, all Hunter specs and Warlock specs.

Otherwise the pace set by Zeal stacks and Seal of Light is SO much fun to play.
Forum Avatar
Blizzard Employee
#11 - Feb. 22, 2016, 7:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/21/2016 01:32 PMPosted by Beejimus
The class should be designed in a way that regardless of what talent I take I should never be standing around auto attacking waiting for abilities to come off cooldown. The main different between live and legion alpha is that on live, even with the most simple talent options we basically never have to wait for things to come off cooldown 99% of the time and we can generate holy power pretty quickly thanks to the shorter cooldowns on judgement/crusader strike and random procs with exorcism/hammer of wrath.

The above is a philosophical statement we don't necessarily agree with. There are people that enjoy a slower pace of combat (one that isn't gcd locked), and the class design has to service their preferences too.

There's a fairly common tendency for some players to believe that all talents should be designed to service their play style (active versus passive, gcd locked versus not, solo questing versus raiding versus pvp, etc) such that they have three choices on all rows that they consider compelling alternatives, when in reality it's more about choosing a set of talents that fits your particular style and therefore defines your character (or at least the way you play it in any given situation).