[Feedback] Guardian

#1 - Jan. 25, 2016, 8:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Wrote my initial thoughts here: http://www.theincbear.com/guardians-in-legion-aesthetics-and-rotations

Basically I love the aesthetics and overall design motif for Guardians in legion. But I really don't love the ability rotation. Unbelievably simple, no choice, no optional complexity, and almost impossible to execute incorrectly.

I can't imagine pressing X -> Lacerate for 6-8 minutes on a boss. I would be unbelievably bored.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#43 - Feb. 13, 2016, 10:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We'll fix the extension cheese on Frenzied Regen, don't worry. For better testing, just don't use that.

On the topic of Bear AoE, we'd like to hear more fair discussion about it. There's obviously a significant amount of transition shock, going from 100% spammable AoE to just 6sec Thrash and Berserk.

How much of the concern is that shock, and how much is actual ineffectiveness in gameplay? Thrash seems to certainly be enough to hold onto mobs once you've hit them with it, so the only weakness would be in mobs that stream in more often than its cooldown. How often does that actually happen, and when do your other single-target abilities (including Moonfire which is ranged) not suffice?

Tanks have different strengths and weaknesses, and this is certainly a weakness of Bears. But is it weak enough to make you unable to perform your role in a dungeon? Or unable to be brought to raid? (Since there are 2 tanks in raids, things tend to work out fine as long as each tank can do at least 1 of the jobs on each fight..)
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#92 - Feb. 19, 2016, 12:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey, just wanted to pop in to let you all know about an upcoming change that didn't quite make it into today's build: Lacerate is going to be replaced with Swipe (Bear). It'll be no cooldown, free, with AoE damage somewhere between Lacerate's direct damage and Moonfire's direct damage (i.e., it'll be your lowest priority ability for single target, but offer on-demand AoE if needed).

EDIT: There are several other changes still coming to Guardian-specific talents as well, to add some more interesting gameplay options on rows where there were too many passive choices.

We look forward to feedback once you've gotten to test it in the next build!
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#112 - Feb. 24, 2016, 4:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We'll likely tweak those talents now that Thrash (Lacerate) stacks take longer to apply. Exact details still TBD.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#146 - Feb. 26, 2016, 7:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Locking this thread.

Please continue to discuss this spec in our new Legion Class Feedback forum.

Thank you!