Greater Blessing of Might is Awful design.

#1 - Jan. 29, 2016, 11:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So you remove Original dark intent and focus magic and tricks of the trade because you said having people in a raid fight over an individual buff to do max damage was bad game design. Now you bring back this Atrocious spell? that gives 3 raiders basically godmode?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/y4kbzqaR2Gd1Pjm3#type=damage-done

Look at this log and tell me that Greater Blessing of might is a good idea? and even if its nerfed its still going to be a requirement for raid groups to run multiple ret paladins just for the buff because if all buffs are gone and Ret's buff 3 players then Ret=more raid damage than any other class unless you cause ret paladins to do 30-50% less damage than any other class in return and you won't do that.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#30 - Feb. 3, 2016, 8:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/03/2016 11:55 AMPosted by Kihra
Maybe the developers themselves could chime in here, but it seems obvious to me that both Rets and Enhance shaman will have their own damage output reduced to account for the extra damage they are providing to other players. That just seems obvious to me, since if the specs do as much damage as other melee DPS while also providing 10% more damage to other players, people will stack only those melee classes to the exclusion of all else.

Stormlash and Greater Blessings are indeed intended to be numerically valuable contributions to group success from Enhancement and Retribution (part of their fantasy is in buffing their allies). Their damage or other effects should be attributed to the Enhancement/Retribution player, as far as contribution to the group's damage goes. We'll ensure that the combat logging events are there to allow this to be done.

EDIT: We still welcome feedback/discussion on these abilities, of course. Just wanted to clear up the question of how their effects should be attributed.