Subtlety Rogue Impression

#1 - Jan. 28, 2016, 4:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I HATE Subtlety redesign...

I can understand changes to combat/assassination - for a long time there were discussions that both specs are boring/dull to play, but I can't remember players wanting such changes to subtlety gameplay.

Sub is a spec that kept me playing rogue for the long time, engaging in pve(with lots of room for improvement regarding dance usage/find weakness uptime), and pvp with great outplay potential.

In current state on alpha subtlety lost it's flavour. It's just so dull, 2 button spec, no more gouge, no blind, no bomb, no slice and dice, no crimson tempest, no find weakness...
and the worst : NO DANCE ;/

Artifact traits are all passive... oh yea you get 2 shadow clones that repeat your 2 button spam. Talent tree is also a let down.

I really wish subtlety could stay as it is now on live, with some minor changes to talents and something more exciting in artifact.

Most importantly keep shadow dance as cooldown, and have talents/artifact traits enchance it (more damage, longer duration, lower cooldown etc. lots of possibilities).
Shadow Dance is the most special thing about that spec!!!

I also hoped for more AoE spells but now we don't even have crimson tempest, we are left only with shuriken storm with tooltip "...applying poisons at their normal rate..." ye we don't have poisons anymore...

"Shadowy" theme is nice i guess, instead of bleeds we deal shadow damage thats fine, Shadow Blades as CD is back but 5sec duration base on 3 min cooldown is just ridiculous.

I'm yet to find someone who likes new subtlety... Spec now feels so wrong, haste won't fix that...
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#26 - Feb. 3, 2016, 1:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Blue-tagging for visibility:
03/02/2016 10:29Posted by Isotopes
FYI; We got a response from Celestalon (on the US forum thread similar to this one) here - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20420204401?page=3#42 and also here - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20420204401?page=3#49