GC plays a paladin

#0 - Aug. 3, 2009, 9:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
All the facts point to this, from what he's said and from his understanding of certain classes.

Here are things GC has said that I believe point to him personally playing a paladin:

Regarding Shield Slam:
The 19k slam that everyone is talking about didn't really exist in terms of testing. It probably would of been a paladin slam anyway and not a warrior one. The warrior one would of been around 15k realistically speaking.

Regarding Healing:
I played a healer in the BWL/MC days and I enjoyed the 5 second rule strategy and how free casts did not count towards reseting the 5 second rule. It always felt pro cancelling a cast in order to get those 5 seconds in and regen mana.

VERY INTERESTING GC, I DIDN'T TAKE YOU AS A PALADIN!
#13 - Aug. 4, 2009, 1:19 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I would love to be able to bring more of my own personal anecdotes to these forums and this job, but alas I fear it is not to be. I think it would be useful for me to be able to say whether I was describing something from my own personal experience or relating something that another designer or a friend had experienced. I just don't think it's a good idea. I'd be accused, rightly or wrongly, of bending the rules for my spec, and be accused of not understanding the needs or mechanics of classes I didn't play as often. I think things are simpler if I just keep my characters to myself.

Do remember that I may be a public face on the class design team, but I am emphatically not the person making all the decisions here. We have a strong and collaborative team and we make sure that we have a consensus on virtually every change to the game. It ultimately doesn't matter if I personally play your spec, as long as the team still gets the information we need on how that spec performs or what their game experience is.