Thoughts on Tanking/Blood in Legion

#1 - Jan. 22, 2016, 6:49 a.m.
Blizzard Post
People have asked me to write about this topic for a while now (as I have expressed my concerns pretty often in various places), so finally here it is, 18000 words on Blood DK and Tanking going into Legion. I am putting this on google docs because it is so long and because it makes it easier to edit or update it as time goes on rather then having it be in a forum post.

This document is LONG. I still haven't said everything there is to say, but yeah, it's already too damn long.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rNeybQ76QKKQ2k5NXoErhG6bfijHo8O1FPHuqxR54JE/edit?usp=sharing

This article is a mix of feedback and a sort of 'guide' as it covers many topics from different angles. Take it for what it is worth I guess.

I am also sure many people will complain about it being 'negative' but the fact is I actually back up my complaints with reasoning as much as possible. At the end of the day I wouldn't bother to write this if I didn't care, or if I wanted to see the game be bad (why would I give feedback if I wanted the game to suck?). I would like to be 'wrong' about everything I said; it doesn't come out of malice. But both actual alpha testing and theorycraft is currently showing me otherwise, and I can't sit there and pretend everything is fine.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#27 - Jan. 28, 2016, 4:50 a.m.
Blizzard Post
01/27/2016 06:50 PMPosted by Purple
Nothing meaningful changed for Blood in this last build.

Stay tuned for the next build, which has some significant changes for Blood. GCD utilization in the build currently on alpha is way too low, and we'll be significantly increasing it (aka, making the rotation 'faster').
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#52 - Feb. 26, 2016, 7:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Locking this thread.

Please continue to discuss this spec in our new Legion Class Feedback forum.

Thank you!