My oldest memory of wow

#1 - Dec. 7, 2015, 3:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Was when i started with clicking join battleground got into arathi basin.
I still have the Arathi picture in my head after all these years and i thought to myself then, this game Looks AMAZING. I had no mount ofc runnin around as the noob i was getting rekt all the time but my friends were always there to help me. I started learning more and more and i got hooked.
Took me a week i think to learn how to cap a base though if i remember correctly back then you capped flags as you do today in ashran standing close to it and it was more of a team effort. Can be wrong a bit blurry memory about that. Those days were the peak of wow to me having alot of childhood friends playing together. Was a blast.

Dont be afraid to share your own oldest memory of wow, a bit nostalgia ik but it doesnt hurt.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#54 - Dec. 8, 2015, 6:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So many nice memories in this thread, I've really enjoyed reading them. Thank you so much for sharing!

My oldest memory is also actually a bit of a newbie moment from way back when I first stepped foot into Azeroth.

Around level 5 I bought a non-combat pet from the vendor in the starting zone I was in. So happy was I to have this new-found companion with me, I had it summoned at all times.

By the time I hit level 8 or so, I wondered why my little adventuring companion was still level 1, and more importantly... still tiny! I'd seen other players with bears and cats fight alongside them. Those bears and cats were big (comparatively)!

At that point I asked a friend what was going on, he promptly told me that my little critter wasn't a proper pet and I wasn't a hunter, that's why it wasn't levelling up! I can still vividly remember how crushed I was, as a result.

Follow-up story: A few years later, I made a Hunter and tamed a pet that looked like a fully grown version of my old adventuring buddy. I've rarely switched pets on my Hunter since that day, I have such a sentimental attachment to that pet!