New Recruit-A-Friend Question Hub!

#0 - Aug. 5, 2008, 8:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Question: I recently recruited 2 new friends to the game, like 2 weeks ago. When is the starting/cut off for the new benefits?

Basically, I want the benefits because...I'm lvling with my 2 new friends, and not having those bonuses because I got them into the game days before they announce this is going to suck.

Basically, are you honoring recruit-a-friends from a short period of time before the announcement?

==============================================================================

Consolidated Q&A found here:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=8557372932&pageNo=3&sid=1#42
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=8557372932&sid=1&pageNo=3#51
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=8557372932&sid=1&pageNo=3#55
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=8557372932&sid=1&pageNo=3#59

After clicking the first link, you may "skip" ahead to each following consolidation my clicking the "Next Blue Post" button.

- Syndri
#42 - Aug. 5, 2008, 9:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm going to use this thread as a primary source for questions and answers. I'll be redirecting all similar queries here.

Question: I recently recruited 2 new friends to the game, like 2 weeks ago. When is the starting/cut off for the new benefits?

Answer: In order to receive the benefits at present, you must use the new Recruit-A-Friend system. The benefits are not presently being applied retroactively.

Question: So if I invite my friend, and they level to 60, does that mean I have a free 30 levels to gain? Or do these charges not stack? For example you gain 1 level to give, and only have 1 to give until I use it.

Answer: For every 2 levels a character on the trial account receives, one level may be gifted to a character on the veteran account. So, if a trial character, after he or she upgrades to the full client, levels to 60, a character on the veteran account may receive a full 30 levels.

Question: [L]ets say I have a level 29 character. IF my friend levels to 60, (and this might hinge on the 1st part of this question), does that mean i can use the auto level ups all the way to 59?

Answer: Yes! Caveat(s): The character cannot grant a level to a character equal to or higher than their own level and may not grant levels past 60.

Question: If I were to level up a "friend" to 10, that would mean 5 bonus levels, correct? Now, am I restricted to applying those free levels to a character that's below the "friend's" level? Or just any character on the main account lower than 70?

Answer: As listed, there's one caveat to the gifted levels: The (trial) character cannot grant a level to a (veteran) character equal to or higher than their own level. In order for your level 51 (n) shaman to receive a free level, the trial character must be at least 52 (n + 1). Provided levels cease at 60.

Question: Lets say, I recruit a friend and he puts in a 60 day subscription (30$) which is 2 months. Will I receive my mount and such at that time point?

Answer: No one will get a mount 'til the first payment (or first month of the card subscription) is processed, which will be after the free month expires. Time provided by game cards is added immediately—unlike credit cards—and so will allow veterans accounts access to the Zhevra mount right away.

Question: Will this work if I open up a second account for myself? What I mean is, will I still receive the benefits of this offer if I use it to start another account and multibox with it.

Answer: Yes! That is, so long as prescribed leveling requirements are met (see here: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=20588).

Question: Does the [boosted] XP gain continue through level 70?

Answer: Currently stops at level 60. (May change.)

Question: Does the recruiting have to be faction-specific? So if I recruit myself, or a friend for that matter, and they choose Alliance (I'm Horde) do you still get the benefits?

Answer: Should your trial-friend upgrade and remain active for 60 days (or subscribe through game cards), your veteran account will be eligible for a mount regardless of factional difference. You may not gift levels cross-faction or cross-realm.

Again, mounts are not restricted by faction, as the selection process works sort of like TCG cards (that is, you're able to select any character on any realm on the veteran account).

Question: I have Account 1 with a level 70, Account 2 with a level 1, and Account 3 with a level 1. Account 2 recruits Account 3. Account 1 groups with 2 and 3, running them through low level instances. Do 2 and 3 get increased XP? The wording of the faq says the mobs must not be grey to the invitee nor the invited, but does not mention whether an unrelated 3rd person of much higher level will break the xp gain.

Answer: Experience would be mitigated by the presence of a higher level character; however, the mitigated experience would be tripled due to the link. Remember, if one of the linked characters is lower than the other, only the lower level one will receive the XP boost.

Question: I've seen pictures of mounts of different colors. What colors are available and how are they distributed?

Answer: The only model available for Zhevra mounts—and the only one being offered to players—is the standard black-and-white pictured. Just had this confirmed.

That other models were pictured is irrelevant. Those textures are not being offered. :)

Q&A continued at next "Blue" post...
#51 - Aug. 5, 2008, 9:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
CONTINUED:

Question: If I signed up for a trial as part of this program (using the emailed code), upgraded the account to a full account, and immediately paid for the 3month subscription, then immediately cancelled it, would I still be able to use all the benefits of the linked account (mount, exp, etc) during the 3 paid for months, even with the account under cancellation status?

Answer: The account is still considered "active" so long as a subscription is...well, active. So, yes! That said, in order to receive the mount immediately, you must use a pre-paid game card; if payment is provided via Credit Card, the veteran account would not be eligible for the mount until the "trial" enters its first billing cycle. :)

Question: If I recruit myself and then transfer an character onto the new account (following all the existing rules and limitations for character transfers of course), will that character be eligible for the recruit-a-friend bonuses?

Answer: Yes.

Question: Does your veteran account have to present to get the XP bonus's? and can you just level solo or get powerleveled through instances with a 70 on the veterans account or with someone else.?? and still have this count??? and still give the free levels to a veterans char.

Answer: You have to be partied with the linked account in order to receive the experience bonus.

Question: So your saying if my recruit is by themselves they dont get the XP bonus....

Answer: Yes.

Question: Is it a level 60 "epic" mount or the standard level 30 mount?

Answer: It's an epic mount. You need possess Journeyman Riding Skill in order to use it.

Question: Lets say I recruit 2 friends using the recruit a friend option. If I were to group with the 2 friends I recruited, would we all gain triple the expirience?

Answer: Should all three of you be of the same level? Yes. Should either one of your characters be lower than the other, though, only the lowest of the bunch would gain the added bonus. Also, your veteran account would be the key to the boosted experience gain and will need to be present for each kill and quest completion. Experience gain does not exceed a 300% increase.

Question: Alot of people (myself included) are looking for confirmation on how the "gift levels" are used. Do you get a bank of them? Do they stack? Do they have to be used immediately? 1-60 would give 30 gift levels, are you allowed to save them and then use em on a character who is lower level but higher than when the character was created?

Answer: Recruit-A-Friend trial characters (continuing even after upgraded) will receive 1 free level for every 2 levels gained up until 60. This means, a "trial" character may successfully give away 30 levels. These levels may be stored up to 90 days, when the Recruit-A-Friend benefits expire.With this, you may give all 30 levels away at once—all to one character, or to multiple different characters. A character may receive gifted levels up to level 60.

Question: On the bonus exp, if we're partied, but in different zones, we won't get the bonus killing exp, but do we get bonus QUEST turn in exp?

Answer: Only when you are partied with a character on the linked account and both players are present when slaying the monster or completing the quest will you receive an increase in experience gain.

Question: But do the Xp bonuses and Free levels, summon friend etc. does that require 2 months paid/activity? or do you only need to have upgraded to a full account?

Answer: Links are created immediately, from the moment a trial is created. Experience, summoning, and level gifting should apply right away. I'll confirm this for you, though.

Remember: Normal trial restrictions will still be in effect! (http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=20590)

Question: Another way to explain it: Is the experiance buff only given to one pair of characters, or to both whole accounts?

Answer: Benefits are account-wide, to all characters that meet the provided requisites.

Question: Is this RAF offer a limited time only thing? My boyfriend plans to start a new account with me as soon as his work load lightens, and this would be perfect for us to begin leveling new characters together! Do we need to jump on this offer now, or will it be there after Christmas?

Answer: This offer is currently intended to be ongoing. There's no "end date" set.

#55 - Aug. 5, 2008, 9:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
CONTINUED:

Question: Do all characters on the account get a mount? Or do you have to pick one?

Answer: Only one Zhevra mount per referral.

Question: When exactly does the triple xp bonus start in game (im grouped with them in a party).

Answer
: Should start when the accounts are linked. You must be partied with them and in close proximity to receive extra xp for quests and mobs.

Question: And how do I know I'm getting this triple xp bonus (in game icon?)

Answer: In the combat log you'll see "Player gains x experience (+y amount from Refer-A-Friend)

Question: And how do I summon them as stated in one of the benefits?

Answer: Invite friend to party. Right-click icon or open Social Tab. Select "Summon Friend" or tap the "globe" icon next to the name.

Question: Why aren't mounts being rewarded right after upgrades go through?

Answer: Essentially this prevents people from doing an upgrade, getting the mount, then doing a stop payment.

Question: any new info on the error we are getting when trying to send the mount?

Answer
: Billing & Account Services is presently addressing this issue. No new updates have been provided at this time.

Question: Say I invite my friend to sign up, he makes the 10 day trial, and then uses a gamecard rather then using a credit card/paypal account/etc. would it still work if he uses a gamecard?

Answer: Should, yep.

Question: Does anyone know if you get to keep the mount after the 90 days my friend was saying you only get it for that 90 day time period if this is true that ridiculus because i just got blizz more bussiness so you should get to keep it

Answer: The mount's yours. FOR-EV-VOR.

Question: Do 60 day game cards give access to the mounts?

Answer: 60-day or more gamecard purchases make one eligible for immediatory mountitude.

Question: OK, this is a lot of posts to search through and I've tried. I just simply want to know how the level "gift" works? Where do these "gifts" show up and how do you give them to your "veteran"?

Answer: Right-click the player's portrait.

Question: Syndri states "trial" characters, so does that mean with multiple "trial" characters, do you get 30 levels per "trial" character to "gift" to the "veteran" characters or is there a "gift level" maximum per account?

Answer: To recap!

- The maximum number of gifted levels a character may achieve is 30.
- A veteran character may receive levels from multiple characters on the linked account.
- A veteran character may choose to accept or decline the provided levels.

Question
: If I do the RAF and upgrade the recruit account to a paid subscription, then I do a paid character transfer from the "veteran" account to the "recruit" account, will I still get the bonus XP?

Answer: Should a character transfer from a referring (veteran) account to a trial (referred) account, the character would be eligible for those benefits provided by the new feature.

Question: So im wondering if im linked to an account where lv70 runs around helping my level1, will my level 1 still get triple experience from questing?

Answer: Should the level 70 and the level 1 character be on linked accounts, neither character will receive an experience bonus, as the mobs being killed and quests being completed may not be trivial (gray) to either character.

Should you be partied with a level 1 (on a veteran account), a level 5 (on a trial) account AND with a level 70 (linked to neither), the level 1 will receive triple experience; however, that experience will be first mitigated by the presence of a higher level character. The level 5 will not gain an experience boost.

Question: Regarding to this rule (the "If my friend/family member recruits another friend/family member, am I linked to that person too?"), if I recruit a friend and my friend recruits another friend, and all 3 of us are partied together, what happens to the XP gain?

Answer
: All three party members will receive a boosted experienced gain, though only by 300%. Mind you, in order for this to occur equally, all characters must be the same level.

Question: Even if my level 70 and level 1 are linked once the level one gains 2 levels he can still gift my other characters levels correct?

Answer: Should the level 1 be on the referred account, any gifted levels this character gains (up to 30 levels) may be sent to any character on your veteran account provided that such characters are on the same realm and of the same faction of the gifting character. Levels may granted up to level 60.

#59 - Aug. 5, 2008, 10:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
CONTINUED:

Question: Now, does the xp bonus go for any characters the two accounts level together on any server? For example, I level a character from this account and my recruited account on Magtheridon. Can I still get the xp bonuses etc if I create and level characters on another realm?

Answer: Negative. In order for a character to receive any experience bonus, a character from the referred and one from the veteran account must be partied. With this, both must be present for each mob kill and quest completion.

Last caveat! Neither character will receive an boosted XP if mobs or quests are gray to either one.

Question: And the mount is given only to the 'veteren' account correct (one character on that account) or does the recruited account also get a mount?

Answer: Correct. Only the veteran account is eligible for the Zhevra mount.

Question: Just out of clarification, if I was to create a character on Magtheridon for both "veteran" and "recruit", I would receive the bonus to XP if partied on the same realm. If I also created a character on Alleria for both "veteran" and "recruit", I would receive the bonus to XP if partied on the same realm. Is this correct?

Answer: As long as characters on veteran and referred accounts are partied (and participating in the same kills; of the same level; etc), it doesn't matter on which realms or on how many realms this happens. The experience bonus will hold. There aren't any limits as to how many characters will receive this benefit, since the benefits are account-wide.

So, to answer your question, yes. :)

Question: My son has a character on this account that he plays occasionally. I've been thinking of getting him his own account for his birthday. If I do it through RAF, and then transfer the character to the new account, will it be eligible for the RAF bonuses?

Answer: Yes, it will. :) Please be sure to set-up the account in your name, though, as I'm assuming your son is still a minor. This will facilitate the character transfer, too.

Question: His character is a 28 and would be moved to the new account. If I have a different character on the veteran account at 28, can they both receive the bonuses?

Answer: Absolutely. So long as both your character and his character partied (and both of the same level), you both will receive the bonus experience gain.

Question: If he levels more then one character, is each new one able to gift more levels to characters on the vet account (if they are eligible by level requirements)? Or is it an only one character per-account thing?

Answer: Each character on a referred account can gift up to 30 levels (1 through 60). These levels can be given any character on the veteran account.

Question: I have a question about the 30 free days. Who exactly gets it? Does the person who recruited a friend get 30 free days? Or does the person who was recruited and upgrades their trial account to full get 30 free days? Or do they both?

Answer: When the referred account upgrades from trial-to-classic, the referred account will receive a free month of game play. Once the referred account enters its first billing cycle, the veteran account will receive a free month of game play.

Question: Do both myself and m friend need to be able to gain experience from the kills/quests in order to be able to gain the bonus experience from being linked?

Answer: Essentially, yes. If a mob or quest is gray (or "trivial") to either character, neither character will receive an increase in experience.

Question: If someone "recruits" me and I upgrade the trial account to a full account, would I be able to "recruit" others with that account?

Answer: Yes, once successfully upgraded to a full account.

Question: I know I saw yesterday that there will be triple honor gain as well. But today I looked again and am not seeing it. Was the triple honor gain removed?

Answer: It was a clerical error. Honor gain is not tripled. :)

Question: If account A recruits B and C, would B and C be able to play together with the promotion benefits (without A present)?

Answer: No. A veteran character and referred character must be partied and local to each other in order to receive the benefits. Should "B" and "C" party, there will be no increase in experience gained.
#61 - Aug. 5, 2008, 10:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Just wondering if this mount will work for friends you have referred before, or only new ones? I referred a friend around a year ago and he has been playing since, but I don't see an option to get the mount on the web page.

Thanks!

This offer is not retroactive. Only trials which are referred via the new system will receive the announced benefits (same applies for the veteran account doing the referring).
#70 - Aug. 5, 2008, 10:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
what if i invited someone 2 days ago and they upgrade but are still in their 10 day trial?

Re-invite this player using the new system. The offer is not retroactive.
#78 - Aug. 5, 2008, 10:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Will this work if I open up a second account for myself?

What I mean is, will I still receive the benefits of this offer if I use it to start another account and multibox with it.

You will! That is, so long as prescribed leveling requirements are met.

Q u o t e:
Do I always gain triple experience while I am linked to my recruit?
No, only when you are partied with a character on the linked account and both players are present when slaying the monster or completing the quest. Also, if the two characters are not the same level, only the lower-level character is given the experience boost.

Is quest experience tripled too?
Yes, but only if the quest was not trivial (gray difficulty) for either character.

Do normal experience rules apply?
Yes, if a monster is trivial to either player, no experience boost is given.

How does this affect / stack with Rest State experience?
While you are partied with a linked recruit, any Rest State you have accumulated is not consumed. Only the tripled experience from the Recruit-A-Friend program is applied.
#90 - Aug. 5, 2008, 10:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
OK we get it stop answering the same question 5 times. Please answer others that are actually useful.

Quick questions yield quick responses.

Please mind your attitude. :)
#92 - Aug. 5, 2008, 10:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Question #1:

Account1: lvl 70
Account2: lvl1
Account3: lvl1

Account2 recruits Account3. Account1 groups with 2 and 3, running them through low level instances. Do 2 and 3 get increased XP? The wording of the faq says the mobs must not be grey to the invitee nor the invited, but does not mention whether an unrelated 3rd person of much higher level will break the xp gain.

Okay, clarifying—

Account 1: Already established (veteran account).
Account 2: Already established (veteran account).
Account 3: Referred through the new Recruit-A-Friend system.

Attempting to confirm this presently. I'll get back to you with the answer.

Q u o t e:
Question #2:
Does the XP gain continue through level 70?

Currently stops at level 60. (May change.)
#94 - Aug. 5, 2008, 10:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Question: I got my girlfriend to join WoW in Feb. through the Recruit-A-Friend, and she just barely subscribes for the 60- days, will i be able to get the exclusive mount?

You'll need to use the new Recruit-A-Friend feature—that is, re-recruit your girlfriend—if you wish to receive the benefits, Freereenie. I'm afraid the benefits, as noted, are not retroactive.
#95 - Aug. 5, 2008, 10:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
ok so irecruted a firend and he activated the trial and i have yet to see that on my account managment screen my questiong is how long till this page is updated?

It may take a few moments for your Account Management page to reflect the trial's activation. Make sure that your friend actually used the referral you sent rather than one of the free trials we offer online.

If you have any further questions on this, please contact Billing & Account Services.

Q u o t e:
1. Would it be against the rules to recruit yourself? That is, buying my own second account and leveling it to get the benefits.

2. Does the recruiting have to be faction-specific? So if I recruit myself, or a friend for that matter, and they choose Alliance (I'm Horde) do you still get the benefits?

1) You are absolutely welcome to do so!

2) Should your trial-friend upgrade and remain active for 60 days (or subscribe through game cards), your veteran account will be eligible for a mount regardless of factional difference. Benefits to leveling (ie - can you gift level cross-faction) I'm confirming right now.

I'll get back to you!
#97 - Aug. 5, 2008, 10:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Question:

I know it's been said that this offer does not work retroactively. I used the Recruit-a-friend system to create two new accounts no less than 6 days ago. Right now it says that my main account and the two new accounts are linked. Does that mean that I will receive these new benefits, or is it a display error?

Thanks in advanced.

Confirming this presently!

For those of you who referred a friend in the last week, can you please let me know? By this, I mean can you provide me the name and realm of any character on the veteran account?

Working with this through with you guys, so please bear with. :)

EDIT: There an issue with our Billing system causing ineligible accounts to appear linked. This has since been rectified. If you did not refer an account using this most recent feature, you will not receive the benefits.
#99 - Aug. 5, 2008, 10:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Alright, following up: Levels cannot presently be gifted cross-faction.

Again, mounts are not restricted by faction, as the selection process works sort of like TCG cards (that is, you're able to select any character on any realm on the veteran account).
#107 - Aug. 5, 2008, 10:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Going back to this:

Q u o t e:
Question #1:

Account1: lvl 70
Account2: lvl1
Account3: lvl1

Account2 recruits Account3. Account1 groups with 2 and 3, running them through low level instances. Do 2 and 3 get increased XP? The wording of the faq says the mobs must not be grey to the invitee nor the invited, but does not mention whether an unrelated 3rd person of much higher level will break the xp gain.

Present response: In this situation, experience would be mitigated by the presence of a higher level character; however, the mitigated experience would be tripled due to the link. Remember, if one of the linked characters is lower than the other, only the lower level one will receive the XP boost.

This is being tested currently. If the response changes, I'll let you know.

Q u o t e:
Will I get my Mount today if I get my friend to Pay for 3 Months Recurring today

*Editing previous answer, as new information has been presented.

From http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=8557372932&sid=1&pageNo=17#329:

Q u o t e:
To be clear re: mounts:

No one will get a mount 'til the first payment (or first month of the card subscription) is processed, which will be after the free month expires.
#120 - Aug. 5, 2008, 10:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
If I signed up for a trial as part of this program (using the emailed code), upgraded the account to a full account, and immediately paid for the 3month subscription, then immediately cancelled it, would I still be able to use all the benefits of the linked account (mount, exp, etc) during the 3 paid for months, even with the account under cancellation status?

The account is still considered "active" so long as a subscription is...well, active. So, yes. That said, in order to receive the mount immediately, you must use a pre-paid game card; if payment is provided via Credit Card, the veteran account would not be eligible for the mount until the "trial" enters its first billing cycle. :)
#121 - Aug. 5, 2008, 10:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
If I recruit myself and then transfer an character onto the new account (following all the existing rules and limitations for character transfers of course), will that character be eligible for the recruit-a-friend bonuses?

Yes. :)
#125 - Aug. 5, 2008, 11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Does your veteran account have to present to get the XP bonus's

and can you just level solo or get powerleveled through instances with a 70 on the veterans account or with someone else.?? and still have this count??? and still give the free levels to a veterans char.

You have to be partied with the linked account in order to receive the experience bonus.

Q u o t e:
No, only when you are partied with a character on the linked account and both players are present when slaying the monster or completing the quest. Also, if the two characters are not the same level, only the lower-level character is given the experience boost.

#129 - Aug. 5, 2008, 11:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Is it a level 60 "epic" mount or the standard level 30 mount?

It's an epic mount. You need possess Journeyman Riding Skill in order to use it.
#130 - Aug. 5, 2008, 11:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
So your saying if my recruit is by themselves they dont get the XP bonus....

Yes.
#136 - Aug. 5, 2008, 11:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Lets say I recruit 2 friends using the recruit a friend option. If I were to group with the 2 friends I recruited, would we all gain triple the expirience?

Should all three of you be of the same level? Yes. Should either one of your characters be lower than the other, only the lowest of the bunch would gain the added bonus.

Also, your veteran account would be the key to the boosted experience gain.

Q u o t e:

What if I'm partied with multiple recruits who I'm "linked" to? Do I get quadruple, sextuple experience?
No, you can only ever gain a maximum of triple experience regardless of how many linked recruits you are partied with.
#139 - Aug. 5, 2008, 11:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
i recruited a friend and he payed for 3 months of subscreption and i didnt get the zhevra mount could any one please help me

Thorannix, is the account on which you're posting the veteran account?
#146 - Aug. 5, 2008, 11:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Why are the blues not replying to any questions regarding the Free Level every 2 levels the new account makes.

Pardon?
#149 - Aug. 5, 2008, 11:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
It's not working. I've waited an hour or so and no mount. 3 Months were paid.

Recruiter: Coruption @ Medivh
Recruit: Biofreze @ Medivh

Thanks for the information, Corruption. I'm going to use your case and Thorannix's as examples to send up for further review.
#161 - Aug. 5, 2008, 11:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Alot of people (myself included) are looking for confirmation on how the "gift levels" are used.

Do you get a bank of them? Do they stack? Do they have to be used immediately? 1-60 would give 30 gift levels, are you allowed to save them and then use em on a character who is lower level but higher than when the character was created?

I'm still having this confirmed. I'm not ignoring those questions. :)
#175 - Aug. 5, 2008, 11:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Epic mount only and must have the riding skill to use it.

Correct!

Q u o t e:
By the looks of it, a decent amount of people feel it to be unfair that people who have recruit-a-friend'd multiple people over the last few weeks are unable to receive the bonus XP/mounts etc.

Suggestion(And Yes I've posted on the suggestion forum, and this is the only topic people are posting on): Make it 90 days from account creation, so people who have recruit-a-friend'd accounts from a few weeks ago get credit.

The dates by which accounts are being linked is still under review, actually. I used your accounts as examples. Hope you don't mind. :)

Our Billing & Account Services team is working in conjunction with another department presently to straighten everything out. I'll get back to you as soon as I hear anything!
#189 - Aug. 5, 2008, 11:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Alright. On the level gifting front!

Recruit-A-Friend trial characters (continuing even after upgraded) will receive 1 free level for every 2 levels gained up until 70. This means, a "trial" character may successfully give away 30 levels. These levels may be stored up to 90 days, when the Recruit-A-Friend benefits expire.

With this, you may give all 30 levels away at once—all to one character, or to multiple different characters. A character may receive gifted levels up to level 60.

Hope that helps. :)
#192 - Aug. 5, 2008, 11:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Does the recruited friend need to buy 2 months subscription up front? Or will he get the mount on the 2nd month paid?

Having this confirmed using two player accounts from this thread, actually. I'll get back to you. :)

Q u o t e:
On the bonus exp, if we're partied, but in different zones, we won't get the bonus killing exp, but do we get bonus QUEST turn in exp?

It's sort of hidden, but it's there.

Q u o t e:
No, only when you are partied with a character on the linked account and both players are present when slaying the monster or completing the quest.
#197 - Aug. 5, 2008, 11:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
If I was to RAF, how long before we both receive benefits?

Not totally sure what you mean by this, mate. Could you clarify? :D

Q u o t e:
Would the experiance buff go through multiple realms? Like if I was to play on my current realm on a new character with my friend, would we also get benefits for playing on a different realm and faction too?

You have to be partied (and both present for each kill and quest turn in), so I don't think cross-realm or cross-faction is going to pan out!
#221 - Aug. 6, 2008, 12:01 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
But do the Xp bonuses and Free levels, summon friend etc. does that require 2 months paid/activity? or do you only need to have upgraded to a full account?

Links are created immediately, from the moment a trial is created. Experience, summoning, and level gifting should apply right away. I'll confirm this for you, though.

Remember: Normal trial restrictions will still be in effect! (http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=20590)

Q u o t e:
Another way to explain it: Is the experiance buff only given to one pair of characters, or to both whole accounts?

Apologies, Lokron. :)

Benefits are account-wide, to all characters that meet the provided requisites.

Edit:

Q u o t e:
How long before the system realizes that I did the RAF program. Would it work instantly after the other account pays for 2 months, or would I have to wait a few minutes / hours / days for it to give me the rewards.

RAF links should be immediate. I'm still having the 2-month subscription/mount bit confirmed, though.
#224 - Aug. 6, 2008, 12:05 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I signed up and decided to pay for the account on a monthly basis. Then seeing I could instead pay for a 3 month, and get the mount TODAY for my friend, can I now go back and change my billing to 3 month and get the mount today, or am I kind of screwed for right now?

You'd need to take that up with Billing & Account Services, actually. :)

The number's 1-800-59-BLIZZ

Q u o t e:
Question:

Is this RAF offer a limited time only thing? My boyfriend plans to start a new account with me as soon as his work load lightens, and this would be perfect for us to begin leveling new characters together!

Do we need to jump on this offer now, or will it be there after Christmas?

This offer is currently intended to be ongoing. There's no "end date" set.
#227 - Aug. 6, 2008, 12:06 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Again, folks, just in case this was missed!

The matter of when referrals were processed and if they qualify for this new feature is still being looked into. Soon as I receive an update, so shall you. :)
#232 - Aug. 6, 2008, 12:10 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
If they sign up and pay today, would I get the mount today? Currently, it shows that it's paid, but I don't have access to the mount.

This is how it should work.

Still being looked into, though.

Edit: Should a subscription be paid for via credit card, the veteran account will be become eligible after the trial account enters its first billing cycle (so after the free month expires). If a game card is used, the mount will become accessible right away, as pre-paid game time is applied immediately.
#233 - Aug. 6, 2008, 12:12 a.m.
Blizzard Post
If you're having issues with your recent Recruit-A-Friend account, be you the trial or veteran, you'll want to contact Billing & Account Services. I'm simply answering hypotheticals and situationals at this point. :)

Q u o t e:
Phone Support

Live representatives are on hand Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8 AM and 8 PM Pacific Time to answer your questions.

For assistance please call: 1 (800) 592 5499
Users located in Australia should use 1-800-041-378 if they cannot get through with the number above.
Users located in Singapore should use 800-2549927 if they cannot get through with the number above.
International: (949) 955-0283
#238 - Aug. 6, 2008, 12:18 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I know I'm being used in a issue your getting answers to. Should I wait or are you saying to call now?

You're my mount-buddy, yeah? You should stick around. :)

I was more referring to situations of "My link isn't showing up!" or "My payment isn't going through."
#246 - Aug. 6, 2008, 12:26 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Why now are my accounts no longer linked? They were minutes ago

Not sure. I haven't received anything official from on-high yet.
#250 - Aug. 6, 2008, 12:28 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Do all characters on the account get a mount? Or do you have to pick one?

Only one Zhevra mount per referral.
#252 - Aug. 6, 2008, 12:31 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Alright, I'm off-shift for the day, but all my questions and investigations are being passed onto to a colleague. :)

Thanks for being so helpful and responsive, guys! I appreciate it.
#256 - Aug. 6, 2008, 12:35 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Alright, I'm off-shift for the day, but all my questions and investigations are being passed onto to a colleague. :)

Thanks for being so helpful and responsive, guys! I appreciate it.

Thank for flying Belf Aire--I'll be your captain for the remainder of the flight. :)
#260 - Aug. 6, 2008, 12:37 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Hello Belfaire!

I apologize for spamming this thread a bit. I'm just in a bit of a panicked state :b

/wave

I understand! Lemme see what I can find out for ya.
#280 - Aug. 6, 2008, 1:11 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Anything???

I'm gathering a bunch of information, guys. Try your best to be patient and I'll try my best to be informative. ;)
#304 - Aug. 6, 2008, 1:44 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I have 4 linked accounts right now (well, i did 3 min ago, same issue as the other guy). These are all trial accounts that instantly upgraded to WoW and BC.

The status of these accounts are "linked".

1. When exactly does the triple xp bonus start in game (im grouped with them in a party).

2. And how do I know I'm getting this triple xp bonus (in game icon?)

3. And how do I summon them as stated in one of the benefits?

1. Should start when the accounts are linked. You must be partied with them and in close proximity to receive extra xp for quests and mobs.

2. In the combat log you'll see "Player gains x experience (+y amount from Refer-A-Friend)

3. Looks like this was already answered. :)
#307 - Aug. 6, 2008, 1:50 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Luso, I'm afraid your situation is as you described--the benefits aren't retroactive.
#314 - Aug. 6, 2008, 1:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

:( can you answer my question mister talbukhead?

Recruited people a week ago, paid months haven't gone through yet, when they do will I get the mount?

If you recruited a week ago then you will not receive benefits.
#319 - Aug. 6, 2008, 1:56 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Is this the case, Belfaire?

It is!

You should get your mount when their paid month goes through--which is after the free month.

Essentially this prevents people from doing an upgrade, getting the mount, then doing a stop payment.
#329 - Aug. 6, 2008, 2:02 a.m.
Blizzard Post
To be clear re: mounts:

No one will get a mount 'til the first payment (or first month of the card subscription) is processed, which will be after the free month expires.
#378 - Aug. 6, 2008, 2:56 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Wheres our blue? I think the pilot is asleep at the wheel! :)

No way! I'm just serving drinks and peanuts to other passengers on the plane, too. ;)
#385 - Aug. 6, 2008, 3:05 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey guys! Another mount update for all of you, this time regarding gamecards.

If the account uses a 3 month (or higher) gamecard, the player will become eligible for the mount as soon as the card time is added to the account, which is instant.
#399 - Aug. 6, 2008, 3:11 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Thank you for the info Belfaire but I have to say this is SO TOTALLY UNFAIR.

I signed up thinking I would get my mount instantly, and now I have to wait 40 days?

I'm really angry and disappointed. This SHOULD have been reflected in the FAQ.

Right now Blizzard has a bunch of credit card subscribers feeling pretty cheated.

It's to prevent unscrupulous people from abusing the system and gaining mounts that people like you rightfully deserve without paying for them.

Chargebacks, etc.
#487 - Aug. 6, 2008, 4:45 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I extended the post count of this thread, just for everyone's information. No 500 cap.
#490 - Aug. 6, 2008, 4:51 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

ty. any new info on the error we are getting when trying to send the mount?

Looks like Billing is looking into it, but they're out of the office until morning.
#497 - Aug. 6, 2008, 4:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Any word on recently recruited accounts...? The other CM said they were looking into helping us, just wondering if that's still the case of if the faceless decisionmakers have completely shot down all hope? :O

Thanks for all the info btw, answers(even ones we dont like in some cases) are better than nothing. ;)

You can change the post count limit? That's cool...

Do you mean accounts that were recruited before today?