No 6.2.1?

#1 - Aug. 13, 2015, 6:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi,

So i read the "Prepare for Flying" Blog (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19852518/draenor-pathfinder-prepare-for-flying-8-13-2015) and I noticed it mentioned that flying will come in 6.2.2 and not 6.2.1.

Does that means there will be no 6.2.1 patch?

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#54 - Aug. 13, 2015, 8:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We’ve seen a lot of questions regarding patch 6.2.1 now being called 6.2.2. This change was by design and we wanted to reassure everyone that our development plans for the patch are still on track. Adding patch 6.2.1 to the PTR as early as possible gave us an opportunity to begin testing flying right away so that we could identify and squash any bugs that players could experience when they take to the skies of Draenor. With the patch being on the PTR as early as possible we also aimed to minimize the amount of time we needed to test the patch. The update to Patch 6.2.2 added some additional data that we couldn’t add to the patch prior to the announcement of the next expansion.

We know many want to know an exact date of when the patch will go live, but we’re not ready to share a specific date as of yet. We are, however, working to make sure the wait isn’t much longer.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#80 - Aug. 13, 2015, 8:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/13/2015 01:24 PMPosted by Zones
I gotta say, I really feel sorry for Neth. I appreciate them coming in to talk with us, but I'm sorry she keeps getting put into these bad situations.

There's no need to feel sorry for me. It's OK. We just felt it was worth answering the concerns people had about the change in the patch on the PTR.

Correct me if I am wrong, but what you're saying is that flight in itself is now delayed to test "additional data" that couldn't be added prior to the announcment of next expansion.

No, we're not saying it's been delayed, as I said in the previous post- "we wanted to reassure everyone that our development plans for the patch are still on track."
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#103 - Aug. 13, 2015, 8:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/13/2015 01:34 PMPosted by Zoppitybop
08/13/2015 01:32 PMPosted by Nethaera
No, we're not saying it's been delayed, as I said in the previous post- "we wanted to reassure everyone that our development plans for the patch are still on track."

So then what was preventing you from releasing this patch as is without bogging it down by including extra fluff?

We're still testing and making sure we identify and fix any last bugs involving flight. Releasing "as is" could have issues we haven't resolved go live which would just create a poor experience for people who have been looking forward to flying.

We understand the frustrations and passion for this topic coming from the community. As always, I would just ask that those who take time to discuss it remember to avoid violating the forum Code of Conduct and keep it clean.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#138 - Aug. 13, 2015, 8:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/13/2015 01:44 PMPosted by Sinthndria

Well don't take this the wrong way, but when we get called by Watcher in an interview "we think it will only be out in a couple of weeks" back in June, and it's now haflway through August, I think players have a right to be a little mad and cynical.

Completely understandable. I don't think anyone on our end is unaware of the frustration that everyone has expressed. We'll keep doing what we can to keep everyone in the know.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#304 - Aug. 13, 2015, 10:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/13/2015 03:05 PMPosted by Gordrahka

Oh they're aware at this point, no doubt. I think the question ask nowadays is just whether or not they care.

We definitely care.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#781 - Aug. 19, 2015, 7:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
As you might have seen in the latest update to the 6.2.2 PTR Patch Notes, our current plan is to release Patch 6.2.2 on September 1.

Please keep in mind that this release date is not set in stone, as we are continuing to iron out bugs with 6.2.2’s content, including some related to enabling flight in Draenor. That said, we are optimistic that we’ll be able to have everything ready by then, so we wanted to share the current plan. We know many players -- us included! -- are excited to take to the skies above Tanaan Jungle and the rest of the Draenor continent.