31 bosses in icecrown raid.

Forum Avatar
#0 - Aug. 10, 2009, 11:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=19110293530&sid=1&pageNo=7#127

discuss.
#33 - Aug. 11, 2009, 7:05 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I was the person who set the original Kill Yogg achievement to 22 minutes too. Just sayin'.

Q u o t e:
Magister's Terrace was merely a setback!

Heck, the IC trash is mostly Kael pulls. Different long speech for each one too.
#122 - Aug. 11, 2009, 10:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
What do you mean by "I was the person who set the original Kill Yogg achievement to 22 minutes too. Just sayin'."?

I mean... "I was the person who set the original stroke my epeen. Just sayin'."?

That (what I said) sounded relatively condescending, but, more to the point (and no, I really didn't mean to come off as a /2 douche - just it's a sort of gutter descirption) what were you actually responding to? I saw it on MMO, and read the source, and tried to figure out, 'okay, GC is brilliant and in charge, he must be thinking and talking about some specific point'...but I honestly CAN'T find what exactly it was that you were talking about and referring to - what made you flare up. Perhaps ignore me. I tend to be too verbose and analytical...but, what did that mean? I would really like to know. Contact me personally if you'd rather not the banal forum nonsense....but, what?

What was the relevance of that comment? I know you were talking about ICC...but, I just CAN'T figure out where that comment is coming from, and it's bugging me out.

I put in the Yogg achievement with what I hoped was a ridiculous stand-in number. Clearly it wasn't ridiculous enough because players were variously excited or worried that it was a real number.

Then in an example on how we don't want raids to rotate in tanks, I wanted to pick what I hoped was a ridiculous number so that players wouldn't try and and deduce from my answer how many bosses Icecrown has.

Sadly, my sarcasm doesn't translate well to the forums. :)
#145 - Aug. 12, 2009, 12:51 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I think there are plenty of ways to make Icecrown epic without throwing an unreasonable numbers of bosses into the instance. I should have picked 114 as my magic number.

Most of the time, players are pretty adept at determining when I don't expect them to take something I say seriously. When the silly comments are taken out of context it usually ends up making the poster look sillier. It's only when players try and take something I say and twist it around to support their own (often persecuted) world view that it gets a little annoying, because I have to spend so much effort explaining what I actually meant.

Or it could be, as one clever forum poster mentioned, Arthas and 30 Jormungars.