I deleted my alts.

#1 - June 23, 2015, 10:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
With the nerf of gold missons and the overall cost it will take to actually get them into the new content I honestly beleive there is no point in having a alt with a garrison anymore. If the only thing I am going to get from my alts is more anguish I dont see the point in having them at all.

Thanks blizz you really know how to kick your player base in the teeth.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#47 - June 24, 2015, 2:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
There is a reduction in gold with alts, but running missions with additional characters (alts) will still have a benefit over just using one. Two characters will still make more gold than one character will, and three will still make more than two, etc. There's a diminishing return sure, but you're still making more.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#88 - June 24, 2015, 3:06 a.m.
Blizzard Post
06/23/2015 07:53 PMPosted by Hippeaux
This is where I get confused. Because the point was supposed to be to make it so that we didn't feel the need to run alts to maximize income. This system ensures we do exactly that because now my main (the only one who is taking her garrison seriously) is making less gold without alts.

Well, you always made less gold if you didn't do missions with alts. You make more gold doing missions with multiple characters. That is still true.

But, taking a step back, are you saying you have no ability to earn an income to cover your main character's repair costs, etc. unless you run Garrison missions on multiple alts and funnel that into your main? I'd be interested to know more about your play habits, and also what income sources you used before Garrisons existed.