If I worked at Blizzard

#1 - June 8, 2015, 1:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Now, I may be speaking out of my <removed> not knowing how it works at Blizzard HQ. But if I was an employee in charge of game design, I'd be extremely motivated to create fun, new content.

I'd come into work every morning and talk to my design team about ideas they have for interesting new Battlegrounds. I'd brainstorm all the time about cool ideas, and different mechanics. I'd be MOTIVATED to bring new content to the game to make it better.

I don't honestly get why Blizzard aren't more interested in constantly creating new Battlegrounds, and not forcing their ideas on people. We are waaay overdue for a battleground. We're way overdue for a new arena map.

I'd pitch ideas to players, such as getting 1 conquest point per player kill in the world, and wherever you are. (Except BG's). Why aren't they motivated to make awesome new features in the game that they work on?

The GMs have an amazing job, one which I envy in a lot of ways. I wish they had the drive to create all the time when it comes to PvP. This cannot be a solely PvE game. Trying to tailor your patches to only PvE players is neither responsible or respectful to your players.

I'd be the type of game developer that would pump out BG's every patch, so that you have way more of them to play in. I'd brainstorm and review new tier sets for pvp, and I'd have loads of fun creating 2 and 4 piece bonuses.

Ashran was a fail. But at least it was a fresh Idea that Blizzard tried. I want them to try more things, because new things are good. Keep working on improving ashran, but make new BG's.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#17 - June 8, 2015, 4:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We're never short on passion, or ideas, or a desire to create more. It really just always comes down to the hours in a day, and how we can best use those hours to achieve the design and content goals we've laid out--a lot of the time working on things so far out that they won't even see a PTR for 6 months to a year.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#84 - June 8, 2015, 6:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
06/08/2015 10:01 AMPosted by Vessabence
06/08/2015 09:57 AMPosted by Bashiok
We're never short on passion, or ideas, or a desire to create more. It really just always comes down to the hours in a day, and how we can best use those hours to achieve the design and content goals we've laid out--a lot of the time working on things so far out that they won't even see a PTR for 6 months to a year.

The most important question: how's the in-office coffee?

I'm pretty sure you meant this question for me.

The coffee 'round these parts is good. It's serviceable. But over the last few years, it has driven me into the arms of spectacular coffees that can't be had in-office. Brews that I have to arrange elsewhere.

Last week on Thursday and Friday, I brought one such coffee to the office. A tremendous dark roast from a little farm in Ka'u. On the Big Island. I made about 60 cups of it at my desk and gave it to co-workers as they came by.

And I regret that, because I can't do it every day, and no company could afford that level of quality in coffee. So this morning, back to the default coffee, I'm let down.

But it's not bad.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#102 - June 8, 2015, 6:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
06/08/2015 11:31 AMPosted by Kelvv
Buy a Keurig.

Oh the coffee here is better than Keurig.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#128 - June 8, 2015, 7:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
06/08/2015 11:45 AMPosted by Congelatore
Compare:

06/08/2015 09:57 AMPosted by Bashiok
It really just always comes down to the hours in a day, and how we can best use those hours to achieve the design and content goals we've laid out

With:

06/08/2015 11:26 AMPosted by Kaivax
Last week on Thursday and Friday, I brought one such coffee to the office. A tremendous dark roast from a little farm in Ka'u. On the Big Island. I made about 60 cups of it at my desk and gave it to co-workers as they came by.

Apropos. What delicious irony.

Enjoy your coffee

That's an interesting way to look at the world.

But I'm not sure if foregoing coffee would help us to achieve the goals you think it would help us to achieve.