I feel like I need to defend Blizzard.

#1 - May 27, 2015, 9:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I think this might be my first or second post on these forums, ever. I have played WOW since 2005, on Bonechewer, in a Guild called "Ruin." We were 2nd on horde, progression wise, during the Vanilla era. Eventually C'thun and Naxx broke us apart. Ah...the golden days. Anyways, I cannot help but be really irritated by all of you guys complaining about Blizzards choice by not allowing flying in Draenor, or future expansions. This is their game, this is their vision, their art, their baby. Yes. without us they will not be as successful, but like all art, it is made to express what the artists is feeling, his vision. They want us to be exploring the world, how THEY want us to? What right do we have to say no? If you are not going to enjoy the game the way it was originally played, then unfortunately you will have to unsub, and that is your choice. When flying was first introduced, that was when I was starting to get burned out from WOW. I eventually resubbed right before WOTLK. I must say I enjoyed flying quite a bit, although it was foreign to me, since I was used to getting a ground mount at level 40. Im not spoiled like the WOW generation we have now. But I could not help but feel that flying was enabling me to be super lazy in game. Anyways, im boring myself. Bottom line is, Blizzard wants you to experience their art in the way its meant to? So be it. Criticize them, but dont bash them.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#252 - May 28, 2015, 10:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Certainly appreciate the gesture, but it's okay, I don't think we need to be defended. :) What would be useful, and I hope people would be open to hearing and discussing, are just your real experiences and thoughts on the game. Your thoughts and experiences are going to be unique to you, either in small or large ways, and those kinds of posts are helpful not only for everyone to get a greater sense of the breadth and depth of the range of individuals that play this game, but also help give us the best sense of why you think the way you do, and what experiences have helped to shape your opinions.

So, all that said, I'm going to lock this as it's a bit off-track by now, and if you want to make a new thread along those lines I think it'd be helpful to have to read.