Races You Would Like To Play In The Future?

#1 - April 10, 2015, 6:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
What do you think the next playable race should be? I know many of people have been discussing this for awhile, and a lot of people say ogres in various posts on the forums and on youtube. I myself would like to see more than a few races available, like...

1. High Elves
I think in BC they should have made it so you could choose a path as to whether you wanted to be Alliance or Horde like the Pandaren. I think that'd be pretty cool, not sure lore-wise though.

2. Children of Cenarius
I doubt this will ever happen since they're apart of a neutral faction, however I think it'd be cool to play a female dryad or nymph.

3. Misc (Other Skins)
- Brown/tan orc skins.
- Dark iron skins / Wildhammer skins.
- Anything else not listed.

What do you guys think?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#12 - April 10, 2015, 7:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
04/10/2015 12:18 PMPosted by Aenistris
c) Hozen (South Seas xpac)
d) Jinyu (South Seas xpac)
e) Arakkoa (Unlikely but whatever...)
f) Saberon (ThunderCats theme)

I think any of these would be pretty nifty. To make things interesting I'd also like to have the Botani as a playable race, even allowing people to choose Podling models if they want! In general I'd just love to see some more tiny creatures as playable characters that are less humanoid-ish than goblins or gnomes.

That's just my opinion though. ;)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#31 - April 10, 2015, 8:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
04/10/2015 01:17 PMPosted by Hilary
04/10/2015 12:57 PMPosted by Zarhym
I think any of these would be pretty nifty. To make things interesting I'd also like to have the Botani as a playable race, even allowing people to choose Podling models if they want! In general I'd just love to see some more tiny creatures as playable characters that are less humanoid-ish than goblins or gnomes.

That's just my opinion though. ;)

Is there a size that's easier to design art for, including gear?

For sure. That sort of thing always presents extra challenges for artists and designers.

Edit: Err, I didn't really mean easier/harder. It's more about variations in the sizes/shapes of character models creating more complexity for art, animation, and design.