Thoughts on a non-MMO Warcraft game

#1 - April 8, 2015, 12:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
How would you feel if Blizzard developed or even outsourced a single player RPG in the vein of Dragon Age, Skyrim or Witcher set on the Warcraft universe? Story has always been an important aspect to me yet when I play WoW I don't necessarily feel very engaged in it's story, I feel like a game in this genre could be more story driven. Bringing the franchise outside of it's established genres and even perhaps platforms could easily result in a wider fan-base for the product.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#27 - April 8, 2015, 1:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
04/07/2015 05:57 PMPosted by Adauchi
How would you feel if Blizzard developed or even outsourced a single player RPG in the vein of Dragon Age, Skyrim or Witcher set on the Warcraft universe? Story has always been an important aspect to me yet when I play WoW I don't necessarily feel very engaged in it's story, I feel like a game in this genre could be more story driven. Bringing the franchise outside of it's established genres and even perhaps platforms could easily result in a wider fan-base for the product.

As a big fan of RPG and open-world games on console, as well as of the Warcraft universe (obviously!), I'd personally love to see this. I can't really speak to whether that's in Blizzard's future, but the gamer in me hopes there will be a time and place someday, even if fortuitous. ;)