Flight Paths Still Illogical?

#1 - Feb. 25, 2015, 11:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm still flying around in circles when the FP I want to get to is practically right next to where I'm currently at. Also, no button in flight. Are the FP improvements just not implemented yet, or is this JUST for Draenor, or am I understanding the FP 'improvements' wrong?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#2 - Feb. 26, 2015, 12:11 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Can we talk specifics?

I've just been checking out flight paths all over Draenor, looking at destinations that are three and four connections away, and they're noticeably direct. For example, from Horde Garrison to Pinchwhistle Gearworks (quite a long way), the flight path is almost perfectly straight.

Of course, while on the taxi, I noted that there was *some* deviating from the straight line, but that was always in accordance with the terrain.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#57 - Feb. 26, 2015, 6:46 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/25/2015 04:37 PMPosted by Duckofdeath
02/25/2015 04:11 PMPosted by Kaivax
Can we talk specifics?

I've just been checking out flight paths all over Draenor, looking at destinations that are three and four connections away, and they're noticeably direct. For example, from Horde Garrison to Pinchwhistle Gearworks (quite a long way), the flight path is almost perfectly straight.

Of course, while on the taxi, I noted that there was *some* deviating from the straight line, but that was always in accordance with the terrain.

One specific flight path that I notice from doing the jukebox quest is trying to fly from the piece you get at Pinchwhistle to Everbloom to get the piece there. The flight path connects through a series of points that goes in a western arc through the middle of Talador then up through Gorgrond when it could easily have gone through a straighter path north.

This one surprised me, and you don't have to point all the way to Everbloom. In recreating what you did, I went to Pinchwhistle and hovered over Beastwatch, and saw the issue.

Thank you for the good example.