Wait, patch note changed?

#1 - Feb. 24, 2015, 7:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
"A new vendor has been added allowing players to use Garrison Resource to purchase items to upgrade Followers"

Directly.
Directly, exactly from the patch notes.
They don't mean the guy that starts invasions, right?
He sells nothing that is a guaranteed upgrade for your follower whatsoever.

Maybe I'm missing something.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#28 - Feb. 24, 2015, 9:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/24/2015 11:21 AMPosted by Sapnrap
"A new vendor has been added allowing players to use Garrison Resource to purchase items to upgrade Followers"

Directly.
Directly, exactly from the patch notes.
They don't mean the guy that starts invasions, right?
He sells nothing that is a guaranteed upgrade for your follower whatsoever.

Maybe I'm missing something.

The note was updated to the following:

"There’s a new vendor coming to your Garrison who allows you to spend Garrison Resources on Follower Trait Retraining Guides or Follower Ability Retraining Manuals."

So, no. It wasn't a lie. Patch notes are an ongoing effort and we update them as quickly as possible when changes come in. This one was updated this morning to reflect the correct functionality.

Sorry for any confusion the note may have caused.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#41 - Feb. 24, 2015, 10:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/24/2015 01:56 PMPosted by Rubedo
See, Blizzard never lies.

They just tell you something then change the information when needed.

A lie would be with intent to deceive. There was no intent to deceive. I understand the frustration. As with any development cycle, things can change relatively fast and miscommunications can happen. We do our best to minimize those and when they do occur, we try to correct them right away. I also didn't try to deny that it had been different before. Yes, it was worded differently. Yes, the note had been incorrect. Yes, it's been since corrected. We'll keep working to make sure these errors don't happen in the future, but there's no guarantee they'll never happen again.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#48 - Feb. 24, 2015, 10:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/24/2015 02:20 PMPosted by Phaenarch
Nethaera, are you somehow implying that changes aren't made SOLELY to screw over Rubedo and company?

I might be... ;)

We're always around. I tend to be focused on the front page (if you all you know... visit it) and the blog content. We tend to be a bit more active when we have new content or issues we can answer for you all. We really aren't avoiding anyone or hiding out.

02/24/2015 02:24 PMPosted by Zaltina
Proper etiquette when editing documents is to explain any revisions.

Simply putting correction: or update: would have made all this a non-issue.

Simply changing it smacks of deception and trying to fly under the radar.

That's the problem I have, not that there was a mistake. Mistakes happen. Trying to hide them is another whole issue.

We document changes in the PTR notes this way as changes occur. These changes were made to the live notes which serve as a "new" document. It's a strange sort of beast in that, if we change things to show edits, it implies those edits came after publication vs. during which could confuse people who haven't been following along with the PTR notes. They just want to know how things work, not how they were documented before it went live. (If that makes sense.) There's no "hiding" anything, it's just a side effect of this sort of documentation and the anomalies that go with them.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#69 - Feb. 24, 2015, 10:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm not Customer Support. They are awesome people though and do a lot of great work. Getting yelled at isn't anyone's job. Taking in feedback, doing reports, documentation, sharing information, interacting, building community programs, and more all fall in our purview. That said, there's no reason for this thread to become a battle between people of who's right or who's wrong. I just wanted to clarify the note for you all.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#78 - Feb. 24, 2015, 10:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/24/2015 02:44 PMPosted by Schmoopy
02/24/2015 02:16 PMPosted by Stratti
Really kid. That is how you talk to blues giving you a response...

You act like it's some gift from God, shining His everlasting light down upon the dark recesses of the forum hordes.

She... and I'm a candle... so thus... I do cast light.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#84 - Feb. 24, 2015, 10:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/24/2015 02:49 PMPosted by Crest
I think maybe a certain little community manager has something to do with Everburning Candle being one of the BiS trinkets for Arcane mages.

Sadly, I don't think so. :(

Wait, the title of this THREAD changed?

I'm allergic to some titles.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#91 - Feb. 24, 2015, 10:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/24/2015 02:47 PMPosted by Nethaera

She... and I'm a candle... so thus... I do cast light.

Not in a blizzard you won't!

This little light of mine...