Change the premade group structure

#1 - Feb. 12, 2015, 8:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I find it very annoying that trying to get into a Normal HM raid is almost impossible half the time. You get turned down because who knows why? If your not a healer or a tank or have a pull to get in you get denied. I just tried again for an hour to get in a raid and was declined on everyone. That's not fair i figure cause i pay monthly like everyone else I should be entitled to get into open raids without being denied by some one who probably doesn't know the fights as well as I do anyhow. Does anyone else feel my disgust or am I just blowing off steam from a bad day.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#8 - Feb. 12, 2015, 9:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/12/2015 12:41 PMPosted by Magnumus
That's not fair i figure cause i pay monthly like everyone else I should be entitled to get into open raids without being denied by some one who probably doesn't know the fights as well as I do anyhow.

Well, to flip it around: "It's not fair I'm forced to invite people to my group I don't want to."

Right? :)

Everyone pays the same and plays the same game, and everyone is capable of doing the same activities. I wouldn't put too much brain power into trying to figure out why other people are the way they are (unless you're getting paid for it. ;D). Instead I would make your options work for you, like finding a guild that's running Normal on a flexible schedule you can attend regularly, creating a group with friends and building a group that way, or just starting your own Normal group through the Premade Groups finder and inviting the people you want to invite.

That last one is kind of the kicker. If you were to run your own group, would you invite yourself? Why or why not? What could you do to make yourself more appealing as a player to yourself as a group leader? Maybe it's better gear, but maybe it's also including a note about your experience/skill. Or whispering the leader. Or maybe it's just finding a group that isn't full on DPS? And then, if you were to make your own group, if you were very open about inviting people regardless of class/spec/gear/skill/experience, and you repeatedly wiped on the run, how might that influence your future decisions? What if you only picked people with high ilvl and you succeeded, how might that impact your future decisions?