PTR Build Deployment - 2/6/15

Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#1 - Feb. 6, 2015, 8:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Greetings All!

The PTR realms will be coming offline shortly in order to deploy a new build. I'll be updating this thread with information and time estimates as I receive them. Current ETA is around 7 hours.

As mentioned in the previous thread, we're still investigating into why some valid accounts were not flagged for PTR access, and working on a fix for them. Unfortunately, manually flagging accounts for PTR Access is not something QA is able to assist with, but we're trying to get things resolved for everybody at once.

I'll be leaving this thread open for general discussion as long as people remain civil and follow forum rules.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#17 - Feb. 6, 2015, 11:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
02/06/2015 03:28 PMPosted by Eredun
Yea, LOTS of dungeons are broken, I reported a few and they haven't been fixed yet. I think all dungeon boss chests are broken aswell. So many items are currently unobtainable on the ptr, really hope that doesn't go live.

Definitely on our radar. It's not all chests, but it's quite a handful of the "legacy' content chests. Very odd.

02/06/2015 03:27 PMPosted by Adrènalinè
Hey Zor, can you toss out an update please, possibly an ETA or maybe what the new build will consist of?

We're pretty much in the polish phase of builds - these types of builds are there to fix bugs, reduce crashes, improve stability. That kind of thing. Hoping to have realms up within the next couple of hours.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#25 - Feb. 7, 2015, 1:18 a.m.
Blizzard Post
PTR realms should be coming up now. Current Client Build is 19597patch6.1.0, so if your Battle.net App doesn't update to that build try restarting it.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#28 - Feb. 7, 2015, 1:26 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/06/2015 05:22 PMPosted by Shadorhone
Zorbrix, I hate to say it. But I just restarted my computer and the Battle.net App, still the update crashes.

What OS are you using?
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#30 - Feb. 7, 2015, 1:33 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/06/2015 05:27 PMPosted by Shadorhone
Windows 8.1

Thanks for the info, we'll take a look. An important part of these builds is using client crashes from you folks, adding fixes, and pushing out new builds that hopefully resolve these crashes. So with that in mind, please send error reports when a crash happens, and do your best to provide information in the comment section.

You guys do a great job of sending in bug reports and feedback, but crash reports are vitally important as well.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#32 - Feb. 7, 2015, 1:38 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Now is probably a good time to repost something I said during WoD Beta:

I know a lot of you have expressed concerns that you haven't gotten much time in game to test; totally a fair point, I completely understand where you're coming from. What's important to keep in mind is that at this point in the testing cycle, some of the most important testing that you guys provide is in automatically generated crash reports and such.

We do a lot of testing in-house, but we can't easily replicate either the sheer number of testers, nor the various amounts of hardware types all logging in from across the globe. When we create new builds, we hop on immediately and start testing through various methods. But in order to get a really good feel for the overall quality of the build we rely on you guys logging in by the hundreds or thousands. If/when you crash, we gather that data automatically and immediately, and gives us a really good insight into things. Same thing for server crashes, disconnects, world server down issues, etc.

The good news is this stuff happens more or less automatically. So even though it feels that you're not personally able to put in a lot of hours testing, you're still giving us critically important data as we work to get a stable build ready for release.

I don't want this to discourage any of you from entering Feedback or Bug Reports (either in-game or through the forums), that still is still valuable as well. But I just want to let you know why we're pushing a lot of builds and what it means to you all.