PTR Build Deployment - 1/29/15

Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#1 - Jan. 29, 2015, 9:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Greetings All!

The PTR realms will be coming offline shortly in order to deploy a new build. I'll be updating this thread with information and time estimates as I receive them. I don't have an ETA yet, but these pushes usually take at least 8 hours, if not more.

I'll be leaving this thread open for general discussion as long as people remain civil and follow forum rules.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#18 - Jan. 29, 2015, 11:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/29/2015 01:44 PMPosted by Agnhar
What is planned for this build?

How about a new toybox item, a deflatable version of the The Pigskin? The toy summons it, then you can click on it to make your character do a spiking animation with the football. Pretty good idea if I do say so myself.

Or maybe deflates it?

http://i.imgur.com/yCD2Uxm.gif
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#29 - Jan. 30, 2015, 2:06 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey all,

We've made some additional flagging changes that should have hopefully resolved the issues some of you were experiencing with level 91+ characters being "locked".

Once PTR realms come back up and you've patched to the newest build, can you try logging into a previously locked character and letting me know what exactly you're encountering?

Thanks!
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#30 - Jan. 30, 2015, 2:10 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Realms should be live shortly, as well. If your app doesn't automatically pickup the new build, go ahead and restart it.

New build number is 19551.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#40 - Jan. 30, 2015, 2:43 a.m.
Blizzard Post
01/29/2015 06:32 PMPosted by Xtâc
People are still having the 91+ character locked issue.
:\
http://i.imgur.com/relDY7P.jpg

This got fixed within a day the last time the build was given... I think it was either the first or second build put into the PTR. So I don't get why its taking forever for it to be "re-fixed" :s

In order to look into this further can you provide the name and realm of a retail character on that account?
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#43 - Jan. 30, 2015, 2:59 a.m.
Blizzard Post
01/29/2015 06:55 PMPosted by Blooddawn
I've got the same problem still with my level 100 characters are locked.

Blooddawn - Dentarg (US) is my retail character that i'm copying over.

01/29/2015 06:47 PMPosted by Xtâc
Glorianna - Drak'thul (US)

I'll take a look and let you know. Thanks for the info!
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#57 - Jan. 30, 2015, 6:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/30/2015 09:01 AMPosted by Monkysz
Are the characters getting unlocked or not

We're still actively investigating into why some players didn't have their PTR account upgraded to WoD. Apologies for those of you impacted by this.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#72 - Feb. 2, 2015, 10:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi Folks,

We're still investigating into why some valid accounts were not flagged for PTR access, and working on a fix for them. Unfortunately, manually flagging accounts for PTR Access is not something QA is able to assist with, but we're trying to get things resolved for everybody at once.

I hope to have an update later in the week regarding PTR accounts.