I Think I Really Have Nothing Left To Do :(

#1 - Jan. 22, 2015, 2:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Max level.
Finished every quest in every zone, even though I was already 100 for most of them.
Maxed all 4 WOD reps (NO desire for another useless rep so Sha'tari is out)
Went back and finished maxing the MOP reps (shaohao ended all desire to ever do another rep grind)
Maxed all my professions, blacksmithing, mining, fishing, first aid, cooking.
Got my 690 ring.
In full epic gear iLevel 655 (without ever having stepped foot in anything but LFR).
Got exalted with Wrynn's Vanguard and finished everything Ashran has to offer. No new BGs so finished the PVP.

Done all of Highmaul LFR so I've already seen it and do not see any purpose at all in simply doing the exact same content on a "higher difficulty level" ala Nintendo "this is content" philosophy

All my followers will be epic within a week or two.

Annnnnd.

Blackrock LFR does not come out for another MONTH.

I'm a pretty casual player and it took exactly two months to experience the entirety of the WOD xpac for the most part.

Is this really it?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#287 - Jan. 22, 2015, 6:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Pretty impressive! It sounds like you've been dedicating quite a bit of time to your character. I will say, raid difficulties like Normal and higher really are not just 'the same thing but slightly harder', because they require interacting and working with other players to overcome unique obstacles. Looks like you've made a sort of solo guild for yourself (?) and so that can also potentially be a deficit in content in an MMO where a lot of times the things you're doing are initiated by or in cooperation with friends and guild mates, and having that team of people to play with can pretty dramatically change the game experience.

But anyway, all of that aside, what activities were you doing at this point in other expansions? I think it'd be helpful to understand what kinds of content were so sustaining for you previously that no longer exist.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#307 - Jan. 22, 2015, 7:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/22/2015 11:09 AMPosted by Naffro
Hey dorks, different difficulty levels of the SAME CONTENT, is not NEW CONTENT.

Hah, well maybe not entirely, but there's a pretty massive difference in the gameplay experience between Raid Finder and Normal. I would go out on a limb and say that it's so dramatic that they should be considered separate pieces of content. Of course as more and more people outgear Normal it won't be quite as distinctive, but certainly when content first becomes available they are pretty vastly different gaming experiences.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#392 - Jan. 22, 2015, 7:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/22/2015 11:13 AMPosted by Shadow
Being in a solo guild does not create any deficit whatsoever. I jump into the custom group finder every day to do the apexis daily. I used the custom group finder to grind out the WOD reputations and if I enjoyed other tiers of raiding, I could use it to PUG normal highmaul. So I completely cannot agree with you on that statement.

The group finder is awesome, and I'm glad you're using it, but I have to say opting into content that way just isn't the same as ad-hoc situations with friends and guild mates. A friend says "DUDES this guy is camping me" and everyone rushes out to help, or you help a guildy in an old dungeon or to kill a rare they can't quite down themselves, or a friend asks if you want to go do a run (that you don't need anything from), and you help because you want to support your friend's character. Or your guild has Sunday transmog runs and you really get into transmogging, or they do achievement runs, or your guild's Heroic-progression group is short a DPS one night and hey, they bring you along! And sure you get carried a bit but you have fun chatting with people, and you even get a couple pieces! And better yet you then become part of their regular rotation, you make friends, you chat outside of game, you meet up at BlizzCon, etc. etc. etc. People are important in an MMORPG. The Premade Groups tool is great, but it really isn't going to do any of the things that occur from being in an active guild or having active friends to play with, and working together to ensure each others' success. It can though be a stepping stone into that social experience, if you want it to be.

In any case I do appreciate the other feedback and points. I think both alt-friendly content and dungeons are always a good place to focus our attention. To your point about JP we are improving some of the reward structure for Apexis in 6.1 which should help maybe address your point of going after upgrades through other content.

As a final note I will say that it's not always necessarily a problem to be "complete" until the next piece of content comes along. Blackrock Foundry is out in less than two weeks, and I would recommend giving Normal a shot when it does hit, but we also have 6.1 on the PTR, and future patches in the oven. A tremendous amount of people are using the new Premade Groups finder to progress from LFR to Normal (and beyond), whereas those same people were stopping at LFR in Mists, and so statistically it's been quite successful as a feature. But everyone has to make their own decisions about playing and what they consider good enough, and at what point they're happy with the progression of their character. For some people that's going to be they saw all the bosses in LFR once and they're good, and for others it's going to be they need 5 100's in full Warforged Mythic. Those are the extremes, but everyone makes those decisions for themselves.