Whats the next priest nerf?

#0 - Aug. 18, 2009, 9:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There is nothing that priests stand out at anymore.

Raid heals: Druids (shaman CH good now too)
Single-Target: Pallies as always (well, dual target now, with some glyphs splash heal thrown in).
Never OOMing: Shaman (stolen from pre-nerf disc priests).
"Utility": Every healing class (used to be priests).

Maybe if we allow more people to wear cloth, that would be a nerf. Wait, everyone can wear cloth already.

Hmmmm, something unique to priests...

#38 - Aug. 19, 2009, 4:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It is interesting too me how many of these "My class has no niche," "My class has nothing special about it," "My class needs to be overhauled" discussions come out after a nerf. I think a lot of players mentally substitute power for fun, and when they're brought into line, the class stops being as fun for them.

I understand that a lot of players want to be the hero. They want to get invited to a raid or Arena team because they're so awesome. You want people to cheer when you get invited. It's a rush - I get that.. But except for the very high end of play, your skill and gear have a lot more effect on your contribution than the class design.

IMO, the players asking their peers "How can I better handle this situation?" or "Which would be a better gear choice for me?" are generally going to see their performance go up more than the guys asking "Hey, how 'bout you buff me?"