Please fix enchanting

#1 - Nov. 24, 2014, 6:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Please fix this profession. It is the only building in my garrison that sits with zero work being done.

Dust is far too rare, and much to valuable to use on work orders, when the daily cool downs are so important. The cost for a weapon enchant is absurd, as it would take well over 150 days to buy and apply enchants to your character. This doesn't even take into account replacing gear.

I implore you, please take a look at this. By allowing everybody and their brother access to the DE ability, you've exhausted the supply of materials.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#14 - Nov. 24, 2014, 8:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
11/24/2014 10:28 AMPosted by Sweetpeaz
Please fix this profession. It is the only building in my garrison that sits with zero work being done.

Dust is far too rare, and much to valuable to use on work orders, when the daily cool downs are so important.

As a personal anecdote, my character's Enchanter's Study is experiencing a similar issue with a lack of work orders submitted when the other buildings are humming along with a constant stream of work orders. We feel that Enchanting Dust can be a bit too scarce to come by and are looking at ways to ease those supply concerns.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#289 - Nov. 26, 2014, 1:43 a.m.
Blizzard Post
11/25/2014 09:55 AMPosted by Adreaver
Just tested DEing a couple 92 blues from treasures in the world. Using Enchanter's study level 2 with a follower, I do not have enchanting on this character.

6 dust each, no shard.

PLEASE blizz, this is swinging the pendulum too far the other way. Players need access to a supply of both dust and shards. Either provide a shard AND dust, fragments and dust, or restore it so blue = shard but add a shatter recipe.

We cannot add in a new recipe without a client-side patch. We can and have made adjustments to the drop rates via a hotfix to greatly increase the chance of obtaining Draenic Dust while disenchanting a rare (blue) item. There's still a chance to obtain a Luminous Shard but the chance is no longer guaranteed.

Additionally, characters with the Enchanting profession should receive more Draenic Dust while disenchanting an item.

We're also making changes to reduce the cost of tanking and healer enchants. These hotfixes are currently undergoing testing and aren't live yet. But, I wanted to give everyone an advanced notice of what's going to happen.

• [Still in testing] Mark of Blackrock now requires 3 Temporal Crystals (down from 15) and 5 Scorcerous Earth (down from 10).
  • [Still in testing] Mark of Shadowmoon now requires 3 Temporal Crystals (down from 15) and 5 Scorcerous Fire (down from 10).The hotfix blog will be updated with all this info shortly.
  • Forum Avatar
    Community Manager
    #294 - Nov. 26, 2014, 1:56 a.m.
    Blizzard Post
    11/25/2014 05:54 PMPosted by Degeneratet
    Can you confirm the changes to the daily cooldowns for max level professions?

Can you elaborate? I'm not aware of any changes or hotfixes that has that effect.
    Forum Avatar
    Community Manager
    #305 - Nov. 26, 2014, 2:26 a.m.
    Blizzard Post
    11/25/2014 06:21 PMPosted by Katrina

Couple questions:
    1. Are you planning on adding a shard to dust recipe still? Understand from above that it requires a reset.
    2. Why lower the cost of just Healer/Tank Enchants? Isn't that just a tad unfair to DPS?

1. No info yet. The hotfix to increase the amount of Draenic Dust just got implemented and we'd like to see how it's working out.
    2. DPS has Mark of the Shattered Hand. Healers and tanks currently don't have a low cost version at all.
    Forum Avatar
    Community Manager
    #306 - Nov. 26, 2014, 2:28 a.m.
    Blizzard Post
    11/25/2014 06:01 PMPosted by Pyrostorm
    11/25/2014 05:56 PMPosted by Rygarius
    Can you elaborate? I'm not aware of any changes or hotfixes that has that effect.

I have noticed that I have lost my 3 charge over 24hr CD for both JC and Inscription if thats what Degeneratet means.
    It has reverted to the previous 600-699 CD

Ok, thanks for the reports and I'll be asking to see what changed. When I have more info I'll find a relevant Alchemy related thread once more info is available. Let's try to keep this thread on-topic.
    Forum Avatar
    Community Manager
    #318 - Nov. 26, 2014, 2:51 a.m.
    Blizzard Post
    11/25/2014 06:39 PMPosted by Geostigmå
    11/25/2014 06:26 PMPosted by Rygarius
    1. No info yet. The hotfix to increase the amount of Draenic Dust just got implemented and we'd like to see how it's working out.
    2. DPS has Mark of the Shattered Hand. Healers and tanks currently don't have a low cost version at all.

I really don't understand the concept of what is going on. Could you help us understand?

I'm not trying to badger. I'm trying to understand.

A simple shatter recipe is all that is needed. Just like every other previous tier of enchanting has. Buildup recipes, and shatter recipes exist.

Why are there so many awkward changes being implemented over the simple implementation of shattering luminous shards? Changing blue items to d/e into dust? With a chance at luminous shards? What?? Ok then. Are epics now going to d/e into luminous shards? This concept makes no sense.

This is really a simple answer with a simple resolution. Again, why are all these clunky things being considered and also hotfix/implemented to try and oddly compensate?

We cannot add in a new recipe without a client-side patch. We can and have made adjustments to the drop rates via a hotfix to greatly increase the chance of obtaining Draenic Dust while disenchanting a rare (blue) item. There's still a chance to obtain a Luminous Shard but the chance is no longer guaranteed.