Mythic/Warforged item becomes normal version!

#1 - Oct. 15, 2014, 9:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I ran Mythic Siege of Orgrimmar yesterday. And I got the Mythic/Warforged version of the Ring of Restless Energy drop for me from Malkorok, as you can check in my Armory. I Equipped and upgraded it, since I was using a lower level item. Today when I logged in the game, the ring I was equipping became a normal version. Please help me.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#9 - Oct. 15, 2014, 10:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Don't have any information to share at this time but letting you know that we're currently investigating the issue.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#95 - Oct. 17, 2014, 8:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/17/2014 07:03 AMPosted by Elywynne
10/15/2014 03:22 PMPosted by Rygarius
Don't have any information to share at this time but letting you know that we're currently investigating the issue.

It's been over 24 hours since you posted this, I see a number of other hotfixes pushed through, and this isn't even listed on the current bug report. This is a fairly huge problem that has affected quite a number of people. Any chance on getting an update on this, or an ETA on when tickets submitted will be addressed?

We were waiting to verify that the hotfix was working before having something to provide an update on and this should no longer be happening to new items. As Silverwing and Crucia mentioned; if you've been affected; please open a petition with the item name.

10/17/2014 11:38 AMPosted by Orlyia
Alrighty folks.

Sorry for the delay on this, we've had to get this hotfixed, as well as determine a course of action.

This is what I've been told within the last hour.

1. This shouldn't happen any longer, so going forward, the items downgrading themselves should be fixed. If you see it happen in a fresh circumstance, please let us know immediately.

2. For those that have had mythic items downgrade themselves, please open a petition with the exact item name.

Our ticket volume is a bit larger than normal, so it may take a little while to get to all requests, but we will work through these as quickly as possible.

Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~

Got Feedback? Click me.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#97 - Oct. 17, 2014, 8:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/17/2014 01:40 PMPosted by Dezehrogue
my friend got heroic shoulderpads and they turned normal after she gemmed and enchanted them

Please tell your friend to submit a petition with the name of the shoulder piece that got downgraded.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#100 - Oct. 17, 2014, 8:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/17/2014 01:43 PMPosted by Silverwing
Dumb question, but a petition is the same thing as a ticket or no? I have a ticket that's 2 days old and no answer yet.

They're same thing and hang in there. Response times may be delayed as we're experiencing a higher than usual volume of petitions.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#101 - Oct. 17, 2014, 8:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/17/2014 01:45 PMPosted by Shaice
Thok is also bugged with this gear issue. Last night in normal, he dropped all mythic gear. The night before in normal, he dropped all heroic.

We're aware of that issue with Thok. Enjoy the upgrades in the meanwhile.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#104 - Oct. 17, 2014, 8:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/17/2014 01:55 PMPosted by Cyriane
10/17/2014 01:50 PMPosted by Rebzer
My petition just got answered saying that this would be addressed on a large scale and not individually. Any help?

I'd say respond to your ticket with a link to this thread.

Hopefully my ticket gets a response soon! I put it in Tuesday night. :P

I actually referenced this thread on the Customer Support forum, so use that thread instead.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14881728786?page=2#36