Beta Realm Maintenance - 9/22/14

Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#1 - Sept. 22, 2014, 11:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Greetings All!

The Beta realms will be shutting down for maintenance in order to deploy a new build. I'll be updating this thread with information and time estimates as I receive them. I don't have an ETA yet, but these pushes usually take at least 8 hours, if not more.

I'll be leaving this thread open for general discussion as long as people remain civil and follow forum rules.

Realms are still up as of this post, but should be coming down shortly.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#106 - Sept. 23, 2014, 2:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Maintenance is ongoing. No character wipe planned today/tonight.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#140 - Sept. 23, 2014, 5:29 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Unfortunately it looks like the upload process will be finishing while I'm out of office so realms will likely come up without me here to poke everybody. We still have staff at the office, and they're awesome for staying late to work on this stuff.

I don't have a confirmed ETA but at this point it looks like another 2-3 hours at least. Have a good night everybody, and thanks for being patient.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#142 - Sept. 23, 2014, 5:31 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Oh and I hope to have an update for you all tomorrow regarding Character Copy as well.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#265 - Sept. 23, 2014, 4:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Due to this morning's scheduled Battle.net App maintenance, login/auth for PTR/Beta will likely remain down/impacted until that maintenance is completed.

From the Battle.net App:

We will be performing scheduled maintenance beginning on Tuesday, September 23, at 01:00 AM PDT and we expect the service to be available again at approximately 11:00 AM PDT. During this time you will be able to use Battle.net in offline mode only.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#272 - Sept. 23, 2014, 4:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
As a point of clarification, PTR/Beta isn't inherently tied to US Retail WoW realms, but in this case they were affected since the maintenance was on the App itself and not just WoW, Diablo, etc.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#275 - Sept. 23, 2014, 5:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
09/23/2014 10:02 AMPosted by Marissina
09/23/2014 09:59 AMPosted by Zorbrix
As a point of clarification, PTR/Beta isn't inherently tied to US Retail WoW realms, but in this case they were affected since the maintenance was on the App itself and not just WoW, Diablo, etc.

For clarify Beta realsm have maintence or lohin/auth servers got problems?

The battle.net app itself has maintenance. As a result, you're not able to login until that has completed.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#292 - Sept. 23, 2014, 6:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We're currently investigating into the login outage. Sit tight for now, I'll provide updates as soon as I know more.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#323 - Sept. 23, 2014, 7:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Beta should be up now.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#342 - Sept. 24, 2014, 12:30 a.m.
Blizzard Post
09/23/2014 04:09 PMPosted by Mërlïñ
the battle.net interface keeps saying that its waiting on another installation or update, but , must be stuck or something because its been like that for past 20 min now.

Are you doing the background download for your live build? That could hold up your beta update.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#343 - Sept. 24, 2014, 12:31 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Closing this thread out since Beta Realm Maintenance has completed. Please direct feedback to the appropriate subforum, and report bugs through the in-game client (or on the Bug Report forums).

Thanks!