2v2 Bracket Meaningful in 5.4?

#1 - July 28, 2013, 2:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Sup all,

So in 5.4 teams are no more and region-wide ladders based on one's PR will become all the rage. So here is my question ...

If one's placement on this ladder is reflective only of one's PR and if one's PR remains influenced by arena matches in every bracket, does this mean that the 2v2 bracket suddenly has meaning again with regards to end of season titles?

Mind you, this is not a thread crying for 2v2 to be relevant again .... I could not agree more with the sentiment that 2v2 is broken as you know what.

But with that being said, does it not now seem as though players can get high PR exclusively through 2v2 games? Or has Bliz said something about this that I have missed?

Since 3v3 is the most balanced and best of the brackets, I don't think that truly serious players who love the game will move away from that bracket. However, I can totally see top players going for the R1 resorting to OP 2's comps for that extra bit of PR needed.
Forum Avatar
Blizzard Employee
#96 - Sept. 7, 2014, 2:29 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Folks, please be mindful of the date on a thread and do not resurrect/bump it if it is fairly old. If you wish provide feedback on a topic or participate in a discussion create your own or find one that is recent. This thread will now be locked.