Beta Stability Issues - 8/28

Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#1 - Aug. 28, 2014, 6:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello,

Been seeing a lot of threads on this so I figure once centralized location would be best to keep things organized.

We're currently aware of the stability issues you folks are seeing on the beta realms: usually presented as either a difficulty staying online for an extended period of time, or getting disconnected when attempting to login to one or more characters.

These issues are known to us, and we're trying to back up to 100% capability. Our Server Engineers are doing a lot of the behind-the-scenes work to fix things like this. I'll be updating this thread with more info and/or any ETAs as I receive them.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#10 - Aug. 28, 2014, 8:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So basically there's a few things going on here: The restarts are issued for a number of reasons, sometimes to pickup some code changes that we push out to improve stability, like fixing a client or server crash.

Another issue that has happened the last few days involves some actual hardware. It gets a bit technical, but the short version is that you may run into disconnects or issues loading anytime you try to access the instance server. This also means garrisons are impacted, since they don't "live" on the Draenor continent.

Anyway, the real thing to take away here is that our server folks are working on this and keeping a very close eye on things. Our current ETA is to have things in a better state by the end of today (Thursday).
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#31 - Aug. 29, 2014, 2:26 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Realms should be coming back up shortly, this was a part of the work I mentioned earlier.

Sorry for not providing a warning!
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#39 - Aug. 29, 2014, 2:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
08/28/2014 07:40 PMPosted by Incentive
08/28/2014 07:26 PMPosted by Zorbrix
Realms should be coming back up shortly, this was a part of the work I mentioned earlier.

Sorry for not providing a warning!

Any update for the quests that are completely bugged? "A Parting Favour" for example.

Also, It would be nice to nerf dmg alittle for execute. I can Crit for 140k lol... (and im not even 100)

No patch was deployed.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#47 - Aug. 29, 2014, 3:04 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Realms are coming back online now.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#54 - Aug. 29, 2014, 3:13 a.m.
Blizzard Post
08/28/2014 08:11 PMPosted by Rathenn
FYI - I am still immediately disconnecting in my varying Lunarfall rest areas (T1 Garrison and T3 Garrison) when loading into the game.

Still takes about 4-6 times to actually fully get in and load.

Beta PVE Leveling Realm 1

Character Name/Realm?
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#62 - Aug. 29, 2014, 3:37 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Looking into the remaining login issues, sit tight.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#64 - Aug. 29, 2014, 3:42 a.m.
Blizzard Post
08/28/2014 08:41 PMPosted by Kydoìme
08/28/2014 08:37 PMPosted by Zorbrix
Looking into the remaining login issues, sit tight.

Something is happening the servers are lagged out look into that too plz

Please be very specific, it really helps us to understand what you're experiencing.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#66 - Aug. 29, 2014, 3:43 a.m.
Blizzard Post
08/28/2014 08:42 PMPosted by Hecthar
Froze looting a corpse, then DC'd now stuck retrieving character list.

Character Name/Realm? And what zone were you in?
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#82 - Aug. 29, 2014, 3:49 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Alright, we need to bring down Beta Leveling Realm 01 for ~15-30 minutes, we identified a specific networking issue.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#103 - Aug. 29, 2014, 4:11 a.m.
Blizzard Post
08/28/2014 09:07 PMPosted by Gailadriel
Lvl 100 PVE Loaded, but we're all running in place outside the garrison. Getting "transfer Aborted" notification. Go into Garrison and no NPC's

Character name?
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#114 - Aug. 29, 2014, 5 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Okay, our networking folks have discovered some other issues that they're working through. That's still in progress, so I don't have a precise ETA on that work being completed.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#128 - Aug. 29, 2014, 6:20 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We've completed our maintenance on the Beta Realms, although we'll keep a close eye on the overall stability of the realms.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#170 - Aug. 30, 2014, 1:27 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Thanks for all the continuing reports, we'll continue to keep an eye on things and make tweaks as needed.