My Embarassing Moment Of The Day

#1 - July 7, 2014, 10:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Today I discovered that the Dalaran sewer is far more extensive than I realised. There is an entire chamber that I never noticed before. I don't know why it took me this long to find it.

It has an inn. I don't know who would want to check into an inn in a sewer, but I figure the rates are probably pretty low. The fancy inns above ground in Dalaran look pretty expensive.

Anyway, I found a long tunnel that leads outside. And since this is Dalaran, outside means an opening far, far above the ground.

The view was amazing. I swung the camera all about to see everything. And that led to my really embarrassing mistake. I'm used to having the camera in the same place all the time, and whenever it gets moved, it tends to mess with my sense of perspective and movement.

I'd been looking far off to the side, and when I started to head back through the tunnel, my direction was at least 90 degrees off from where it should've been.

And so I fell. And it was a very long way down.

As I fell, it occurred to me that maybe I could get onto a flying mount before I reached the ground. I don't know if that even works when falling, but it was worth a try. But I was a bit slow, and I hit just as I was starting to mount. (So I still don't know if it could work).

So I immediately appeared at the nearest graveyard, which was at ground level in a region I don't know. I looked at the mini-map and started running towards my body, and I realised that my ghost was mounted. And I could fly. That was cool. I didn't know you could be mounted while dead.

When I resurrected, I was immediately attacked by some big creature (some sort of Dragonkin, maybe-- I'm not sure). My Health was nearly gone by the time I even thought to see how it was. (But I guess I had started from a low point, having been dead and all.) Luckily, as a Paladin I can heal myself pretty easily. So I was able to fight off this big guy without too much trouble. He was level 79, five more than me. But that's enough for a Paladin to handle as long as I keep healing.

Anyway, I flew back up and everything was okay after that. But I still can't believe I fell like that. That was really stupid.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#8 - July 7, 2014, 10:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Awesome chain of events, and it was even funnier to me to read it and remember how nearly every single thing that happened to you has happened to me.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#24 - July 7, 2014, 11:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
07/07/2014 04:18 PMPosted by Kyniska
Vixie-- There's a special rat pet in the sewer? How do you get it?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=43698