Beta Realm Maintenance - 7/2/14

Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#1 - July 2, 2014, 6:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Greetings All!

The Beta realms will be coming down for maintenance shortly. I'll be updating this thread with information and time estimates as I receive them. Current ETA is roughly 8 hours, but since we're hoping to deploy a new build it's hard to be 100% accurate.

I'll be leaving this thread open for general discussion as long as people remain civil and follow forum rules.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#47 - July 2, 2014, 8:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
07/02/2014 12:37 PMPosted by Chairmanmao
A new build 2 days before a federal holiday that falls on a Friday?

boldmovecotton.jpg

I suppose, but then the alternative is that we don't even try to push a new build until at least the 7th, which isn't ideal. When there's a massive gap between the build you have access to and our latest internal builds, everybody's ability to provide quality feedback is diminished. Obviously that gap will always be there during Beta Testing, but it's our goal to keep it as minimal as possible.

Maintenance is ongoing, no major updates or changes to the ETA at this point in time.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#60 - July 2, 2014, 9:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
07/02/2014 01:55 PMPosted by NariƩl
Zorbrix, you mention that there will always be a gap between our build and your internal build, but why is that? We could spend a week posting about issues that might already be fixed internally. There are enough issues in early builds as it is, so why not just give us the up-to-date build? I would have thought that would help iron out issues faster.

To provide an example, we've fired off over a dozen internal builds since Monday morning. Now of course those builds had different, unique purposes and most weren't really scoped to be candidates for beta, but it just goes to show that it's not feasible for us to push each one of those to you folks.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#62 - July 2, 2014, 9:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm retiring this thread. We'll provide realm status updates in new threads as needed, and when we can. :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#63 - July 2, 2014, 9:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
07/02/2014 02:27 PMPosted by Zarhym
I'm retiring this thread. We'll provide realm status updates in new threads as needed, and when we can. :)

Just kidding. Wrong thread!
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#103 - July 2, 2014, 11:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Quick Turnip update, so far so good on our maintenance. No changes to the ETA at this time.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#127 - July 2, 2014, 11:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Realms should be coming up shortly (~30 mins?) barring any unseen issues.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#129 - July 2, 2014, 11:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
07/02/2014 04:47 PMPosted by Hinoen
07/02/2014 04:46 PMPosted by Huttser
To people who have the beta -- when you try to log in during this maintenance, is there a greyed list of realms or a blank list? I'm trying to find out of my beta is having issues.

Blank list. It's what happens when there are no servers to connect to at all. (including offline,)

Yeah our general practice is to "release" the build so that your battle.net app knows to start updating it, and then we bring up the realms at some point after that.
Forum Avatar
Quality Assurance
#151 - July 3, 2014, 1:16 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Realms should now be live, and once you update your build to the 18505 build you should be able to connect and login to characters.

If you experience issues, please post them in our Bug Report Forums or our Tech Forums as appropriate.

Turnip out!