Hide Bones Options for the Undead? Part 2

#1 - Dec. 5, 2013, 11 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Original Thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10660145968?page=1

Original OP:

Since we're getting new models, and the devs have talked about some new customization options afterwards, I was thinking: I would be pretty nice if our Undead characters could choose to keep their bones on the inside of their bodies.

it could work like the red pandaren tail where the model changes depending on the skin color you choose, or it could be a new customization feature.

I don't know, I love to be undead, but having to walk around with my elbows literally nude bothers me a bit. "Dead" is good, but "Beaten Up" doesn't make me feel very strong.

Not to mention that the chinese version of the new models will need a "bones covered" version, so why not make a bones covered option on the main model and just lock the chinese client out of the options to show bones? it would give us more customization options and spare you guys of some work afterwards :D

The new models look sweet! Love you Blizzard :3

Additional Points brought by subsequent posts:

• Undead Characters without exposed bones are NOT just "pale humans". There are many elements that exist to differentiate the undead humans from the living ones. They have rotten skin (I'm asking for it to be whole, but not unrotten), glowing golden eyes, clawed hands and feet, hunched back, green plagued blood, an optional iron chin and the ability to eat people like a good zombie does.
  • If we get the "no bones" option, it opens the realm of possibilities up for us as far as customization goes. For the undead, we could get, on the same tab, more exposed bones, stitched skin, metal joints (to match with the metal chin), elven features, et cetera.
  • If the undead gets new customization options, perhaps other races could get more customization as well. Vol'jin has a beard, maybe trolls could get beards. Lorewise, Gallywix is overweight. Goblin characters could get this option, and Gallywix would finally look like the artwork that depict him.
  • Forum Avatar
    Community Manager
    #140 - June 26, 2014, 10:24 p.m.
    Blizzard Post
    12/13/2013 12:02 AMPosted by Crocelle
    Chris G. Robinson ‏@artofcgrobinson 10 Dec
    @Mornmagor This falls into the custom skins category, something I'd love to get in. Thanks for the suggestion!

Yup, that.

We're just not going to have time to get to anything beyond updating the options that already exist to new high poly/high res versions (already a monumental task) without holding up the entire expansion release. But like Chris said, all the ideas people have been throwing out for different cosmetic options and full character skins is super cool, and something we're actively thinking about.